Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Man Utd scraped into the top four, the last 5 performances of the season were dire. Fernandes turned the season round entirely. He came in and showed up Pogba for the overrated poser he is. Without that signing Man Utd finish below Spurs and Arsenal. The difference is he's got no ego, excellent attitude and makes other players better.

I've no doubt they'll challenge for Top 4 again and probably get it but for a title bid they need a new manager, left back, centre back, right winger and clinical striker. That won't happen so it'll be another season of inconsistent football and results. Which isn't good enough for the money they spend and the size of the club.

City need a new centreback, winger and top class Aguero back up. If he gets injured again or doesn't return the player he was, City don't win the league. Jesus is like Martial, very good but goes missing too often. Almost all of the games City lost this season they ran the game, created chances galore, missed them and got caught out against the run of play.

Liverpool's first eleven is outstanding but they can't sit back and not strengthen. A high class striker is definitely needed and a winger would be a good move.

Chelsea are actually looking very good for next season with their buys. Werner is such an upgrade on Abraham/Giroud. A top centreback and a new keeper would push them on further.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Really? He's missed 7 PL games through injury in 4 seasons and that was this season because of a back injury.
Tbf his season was ended with the back injury. Only covid allowed him to play more.

I'm still not convinced martial or Rashford will ever score more than 20 pl goals a season which or more of a concern than fitness imo

PaulS

Visit site
Now I know you're on the wind up.
They lost so many games this season .................................... :ROFLMAO:
Fernandes looks outstanding when he stays on his feet .........:ROFLMAO:
Rashford injury prone ............................................................:ROFLMAO:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....he-worst-dive-of-the-season-20200720.amp.html

Yes Fernandes dives - has done it regularly.

And Wouldn’t Rashford have missed half this season because of a back injury ?

But as previously said if Man Utd fans think the backline is good enough then other clubs will be happy.

It just seems that you are not able to handle reasonable assessments of Man Utd.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

PaulS

Visit site
And you don't understand a league table and how it's made up.

Don’t understand the league table ? Yep it’s clear - Man Utd 33 points behind the winners and only 32 ahead of relegation zone , what is it that I don’t understand ?

So what do you have to say about the Fernandes dive or just choosing to ignore it.

Many people on here seem to have the same opinion in regards Man Utd’s backline ? Are they all wrong

D

Deleted member 1418

' I've not heard anyone say United's defence was as poor as Chelsea's, as you stated.
Is United's defence really as poor as Chelsea's ............................................................. anyone?
It was in the FA Cup Semi Final.....???

As a Chelsea fan, our defence is currently woeful.

James will be excellent I'm sure, as will Tomori. Zouma looks like a rabbit in the headlights whenever the ball is at his feet.

Rudiger has had an off season; Azpi's legs look like they're going; Christensen is great on the ball, but not physical enough without it. Both left backs cannot play in a back 4.

I'll reserve judgement on Kepa for the time being as I think he's had a tough time off the pitch which has affected him on it. So whilst he's had a poor season, he's still young enough to put that behind him, although fear he's on his way out.

Anyway still plenty of teams in the PL who'd swap their season for ours! ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The problem both Chelsea and United and to the same extent Arsenal and Spurs face is that City and Liverpool will go out and strengthen their squads anyway and the rest are then playing catch up. Arsenal in particular will need a major rebuild over the next few seasons and you could argue that the same applies to both Chelsea and United and they won't be in a position to compete with the top two for a good few seasons and the PL will remain a two horse race with the odd wild card side punching way above their weight to sometimes keep it interesting
We won't get anywhere near Liverpool or City, our time has passed. We had a good team for a couple of years thanks to good management from Poch and a bit of luck with young players all coming good at the same time, but we're well on the downward curve now. Next season we will be scrapping for 4th and no better. Best we can hope for is José going all out for the Europa since he's desperate for trophies.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We won't get anywhere near Liverpool or City, our time has passed. We had a good team for a couple of years thanks to good management from Poch and a bit of luck with young players all coming good at the same time, but we're well on the downward curve now. Next season we will be scrapping for 4th and no better. Best we can hope for is José going all out for the Europa since he's desperate for trophies.

Nothing wrong with that, too many football fans look at top 4 like it's a trophy. Give me a cup any day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that, too many football fans look at top 4 like it's a trophy. Give me a cup any day.
I don't mind, but you do actually have to win it. Massive difference between (a) winning Europa and finishing 6th in the league and (b) runners-up in Europa and finishing 6th in the league. And the fact is the board will prioritise finishing 4th over Europa performance, unless we do win it because that obviously carries Champs League qualification which is the be all and end all.

D

Deleted member 1740

Now I know you're on the wind up.
They lost so many games this season .................................... :ROFLMAO:
Fernandes looks outstanding when he stays on his feet .........:ROFLMAO:
Rashford injury prone ............................................................:ROFLMAO:

I don’t agree with all of what PaulS has posted but he’s got a very valid point on the middle one.

He’s definitely got balance issues, very much like Hazard had ?

D

Deleted member 1418

I don’t agree with all of what PaulS has posted but he’s got a very valid point on the middle one.

Yeah but Hazard was actually tripped/kicked!! ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One for Southampton fans, I know we have a few on here. Very good season for you in the end. Will you be able to keep your best players, including Ings, or do you expect to be asset stripped again? Personally, I hope you are able to keep your players and build next season. It may be temporary but I always think you get stuffed a bit each season and deserve at least one year of buidling on what you have achieved.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'd agree with that, but nowhere near Hazard's level, and surely the same can be said about most players.