Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't think we have quite the same amount of superstar (potential) players.

I can't see any of our defence being wanted. JWP imo is massively underated and is miles better than hoiberg. Redmond always has a few quality games but isn't good enough for a bigger club imo.

Ings would cost clubs a lot of money and I'm not sure a big club would want to spend it, after his time at Lvpool and him being a Saints fan he may also be quite happy where he is.

We have 3 keepers who are all of similar ability, but gunn was harshly made the scapegoat for the stuffing by Leicester.

So in short, I don't see any worries this year. I would think Wolves are the team most at risk of asset stripping

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah nowhere near Hazards level.......I think he's already surpassed Hazard on that front and he's only been here half a season!!

I would say he's well on the way to catching up Salah.......!! ???

He’s surpassed Mo, he doesn’t get pens anymore ?‍♂️

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Massive first step for the mighty Fulham to get back to the PL. Would prefer Swansea in the final (and even we can't give a 2-0 lead away at home surely) and then pray for 90 minutes. Hope we learn a salutary lesson from the last play-off win and not buy a whole new team in the transfer window and completely lose any cohesion.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Massive first step for the mighty Fulham to get back to the PL. Would prefer Swansea in the final (and even we can't give a 2-0 lead away at home surely) and then pray for 90 minutes. Hope we learn a salutary lesson from the last play-off win and not buy a whole new team in the transfer window and completely lose any cohesion.

stunning first goal, big performance considering no Mitrovic. in your hands now especially with Brentford losing the first leg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
stunning first goal, big performance considering no Mitrovic. in your hands now especially with Brentford losing the first leg
Think Brentford will win at Griffin Park so a West London final would be interesting. I have been saying all along that it's destined that Brentford would go up and start life in their new stadium as a PL side. That and Fulham have a horrid way of finding new ways to break fans hearts. Not sure about the Mitrovic injury and wonder if they'll rest him on Thursday with an eye on the final. Looking at the bottom third of the PL there are enough sides I'd be confident we'd have enough to be competitive in that mini league

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think Brentford will win at Griffin Park so a West London final would be interesting. I have been saying all along that it's destined that Brentford would go up and start life in their new stadium as a PL side. That and Fulham have a horrid way of finding new ways to break fans hearts. Not sure about the Mitrovic injury and wonder if they'll rest him on Thursday with an eye on the final. Looking at the bottom third of the PL there are enough sides I'd be confident we'd have enough to be competitive in that mini league

Brentford have got gradually worse as the finishing post has got closer, not convinced they get through

Unless Mitrovic 100% no reason for him to start whatsoever, sit him on the bench, wrapped in cotton wool for the final surely

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd like to have seen at least a replacement for Sturridge and another ball playing midfielder. An improvement on Henderson/Milner/Gini is a must for me.

Klopp obviously believes in Origi and has seen enough in Brewster to think he can cut the mustard at PL level. The latter might have an impact like Sterling had in his first season, but he might not.

Not improving the squad with 1 standout player could comeback to haunt us.

What do I know....??

Posted 7/8/19