Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Totally irrelevant, the point was, Frank was faced with hurdles not of his making, everyone questioned his appointment, the kids weren’t good enough, we’d implode without Hazard etc etc, and yet............

congrats on finishing 4th in the worst prem ever bar the top 2 :) ill send you a trophy over :D

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally irrelevant, the point was, Frank was faced with hurdles not of his making, everyone questioned his appointment, the kids weren’t good enough, we’d implode without Hazard etc etc, and yet............

Been very impressed with cheslea , working with what they have .. Frank been fantastic

Think Tammy might be off? Post lockdown he bearly played and you have the new guy

Could win the cup aswell which would be amazin

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Teams in 3rd and 4th closer points wise to Bournemouth than they are to the winners , celebrating mediocrity- something that wouldn’t expect from Chelsea and Man Utd but that’s the way of the land at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

Man united have impressed me since lockdown. Bruno could be perfect fit for them.

Could see them pushing city and Liverpool next season

The league will be very competitive next season

PaulS

Visit site
Man united have impressed me since lockdown. Bruno could be perfect fit for them.

Could see them pushing city and Liverpool next season

The league will be very competitive next season

Just like Chelsea they have a poor back line , and it’s the defence that wins titles for teams.

Man Utd got a nice friendly run after lockdown.

Many teams in the past have had good attacks but call short because they can’t defend.

I expect the top four to be the same teams with Liverpool and City having a clear gap behind them

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just like Chelsea they, (Man Utd), have a poor back line , and it’s the defence that wins titles for teams.

Many teams in the past have had good attacks but call short because they can’t defend.

I expect the top four to be the same teams with Liverpool and City having a clear gap behind them

Err, wrong .......................... just ridiculously wrong. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

City conceded 1 fewer than us, Liverpool conceded 3 fewer than us. Every other team conceded more!
Chelsea conceded 18 more than United.
How can you possibly start to justify that hilarious suggestion?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just like Chelsea they have a poor back line , and it’s the defence that wins titles for teams.

Absolutely agree. United have a very average defence, Wan Bissaka aside. They need a top quality centre half with some pace to play alongside Maguire, and a left back. I like Shaw, but he won’t manage an entire season injury free. And if the opportunity comes up to replace de Gea they need to seriously look at it - his confidence has been shot for a long, long time.

They just about have a first eleven to give anyone a run for their money, but still lack strength in depth. The heavy reliance on Fernandes is already showing as he looks knackered. He can’t be expected to carry them every week.

So, not as far off as most thought they were, but still short of challenging the top two. Three signings minimum needed.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Err, wrong .......................... just ridiculously wrong. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

City conceded 1 fewer than us, Liverpool conceded 3 fewer than us. Every other team conceded more!

I’m a life long United fan and even I can see the defensive cracks. Our defending at set pieces is sending me grey.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If the nature of the competition is fundamentally different due to the change of rules then yes IMO there should be an asterisk after the name of the winners. So the winner of the CL this year should have an asterisk because switching to straight knock out rather than two legs is a fundamental change in the competition.

With regards to Stu's point about agreeing the changes due to health and safety, surely the same could be said of the changes to the CL. For health and safety reasons the clubs have agreed to switch to a single knock out game being played at neutral venues in Portugal.

The potential spike in numbers also doesn't add up as an argument. There are 900 new cases reported in Spain. The PL restarted on 17th June and on that date the UK had 1346 new cases. On 28th May when the decision to restart the PL was made there were 1887 new cases.

Just love the fact that Liverpool fans are now thinking it's a good idea to make the CL null and void when they were so vocal about the PL not being made null and void. And for the record, the only time I suggested that the PL should be voided was in jest because my brother is a Liverpool fan.

I think hes taking the piss, lad.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Must admit I'm a bit glad Bournemouth have gone down. Don't dislike them or anything but it bugs me how Eddie Howe gets massively overrated just because he's English. Yeah he did well to keep them up this long, and they play nice counter-attacking football, but he's had 5 years to put a decent defence together and failed miserably. They've conceded 67, 67, 61, 70 & now (ironically the least) 65 goals in their Prem seasons. That is just woeful and relegation long overdue. Meanwhile we've seen Howe being linked to jobs like Arsenal and Spurs in that time? No chance.

Bit of a shame Watford went, as they are my local team, but they've lost everybody's sympathy with their constant manager changing. I don't mind Villa staying up though, just like I've said about Leeds, I see Villa as a classic Premier League team, certainly a bigger club than Bournemouth or Watford so they can stick around for another year.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Happy with the season but a bit frustrated as it could've been better. Few woeful refereeing decisions including one today and at times just not having enough confidence, we could've made that top 4 and were looking bang at it when football returned.
Full tilt to try to win the Europa now but can't see it with the draw we have.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Absolutely agree. United have a very average defence, Wan Bissaka aside. They need a top quality centre half with some pace to play alongside Maguire, and a left back. I like Shaw, but he won’t manage an entire season injury free. And if the opportunity comes up to replace de Gea they need to seriously look at it - his confidence has been shot for a long, long time.

They just about have a first eleven to give anyone a run for their money, but still lack strength in depth. The heavy reliance on Fernandes is already showing as he looks knackered. He can’t be expected to carry them every week.

So, not as far off as most thought they were, but still short of challenging the top two. Three signings minimum needed.

Considering United had virtually no midfield for the first half of the season and we conceded fewer goals than 17 of the other 19 teams, I'd say our defence is well above average.
38 games worth of statistics would tend to back me up.
I think, maybe, Stu would too. :whistle:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
congrats on finishing 4th in the worst prem ever bar the top 2 :) ill send you a trophy over :D

I’d keep it if I was you, it’s the closest any Gooner will get to one, and yous won’t need to ensure your passports are up to date either ?

PaulS

Visit site

I’m guessing you must be a Man Utd fan because only someone wearing huge red tinted glasses would even suggest that their backline is good enough

The GK makes monumental mistakes and is close to being one of the worst in the league ( same at Chelsea )

The left back isn’t good enough and doesn’t stay fit enough

Maguire is hugely overrated- headless chicken who can’t pass water
The Swedish bloke just isn’t quick enough , strong enough or commanding enough to be in a backline to win the title - their best CB is out on loan

The right back is very good defensively - Bambi on ice going forward

Chelsea’s backline even worse

If neither team purchases any defenders then they won’t challenge for the title. Liverpool won the title because of their backline being head and shoulders above any other team in the league.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m guessing you must be a Man Utd fan because only someone wearing huge red tinted glasses would even suggest that their backline is good enough

The GK makes monumental mistakes and is close to being one of the worst in the league ( same at Chelsea )

The left back isn’t good enough and doesn’t stay fit enough

Maguire is hugely overrated- headless chicken who can’t pass water
The Swedish bloke just isn’t quick enough , strong enough or commanding enough to be in a backline to win the title - their best CB is out on loan

The right back is very good defensively - Bambi on ice going forward

Chelsea’s backline even worse

If neither team purchases any defenders then they won’t challenge for the title. Liverpool won the title because of their backline being head and shoulders above any other team in the league.

The third best defence in the premier league ............................ and declared as 'poor' and the 'just like Chelsea's'.

200.gif