Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Believe a young Glenn Hoddle would have been playing
Absolutely correct. One of his earliest games I would say based on the commentary. It did not come across on the highlights but Brian Moore suggested he ran the match, even at that young age.

The two that stood out were Alfie Conn, as mentioned, and Steve Perryman. Perryman looked busy, had time on the ball, never wasted a pass. I suspect he was a player that I didn't appreciate during his career, I was too young, but you Spurs fans will know all about him.

It was really enjoyable to watch. I thought the game would be very dated, the players look pedestrian and poor. In fact they were excellent, it was more rushed than possession based but it brought back great memories for me of a style of football that I grew up with and thoroughly enjoyed. I'll be looking out for more of these.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Absolutely correct. One of his earliest games I would say based on the commentary. It did not come across on the highlights but Brian Moore suggested he ran the match, even at that young age.

The two that stood out were Alfie Conn, as mentioned, and Steve Perryman. Perryman looked busy, had time on the ball, never wasted a pass. I suspect he was a player that I didn't appreciate during his career, I was too young, but you Spurs fans will know all about him.

It was really enjoyable to watch. I thought the game would be very dated, the players look pedestrian and poor. In fact they were excellent, it was more rushed than possession based but it brought back great memories for me of a style of football that I grew up with and thoroughly enjoyed. I'll be looking out for more of these.

Perryman was a neighbour to a friend of mine when living in Ickenham... An absolute gent...

D

Deleted member 1740

Understand why they’ve introduced the rule change re fitness I guess but it skews the odds even more in favour of the “big” clubs with bigger and better squads etc......

Not sure how fair it is if a team get relegated after, hypothetically, being 2-0 up at half time to City who can make 5 changes of £50m + players and win when their relegation rivals potentially held out to win or draw in the “pre Covid” league as that option wasn’t open to City (I don’t know if any previous games have been like that so hypothetical please don’t ask me to find evidence of a game that might have happened in ?)

Don’t forget 16 clubs voted for this, which only 6 of those you’ve described who’ll benefit.

I disagree with the changes though, it should only be 3 subs.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don’t forget 16 clubs voted for this, which only 6 of those you’ve described who’ll benefit.

based on some of what ive watched in the bundesliga this weekend should be 11 subs a side! so many tired players especially after short turn arounds

D

Deleted member 1740

based on some of what ive watched in the bundesliga this weekend should be 11 subs a side! so many tired players especially after short turn arounds

I haven’t watched that many games tbh, the ones I have though they’ve been a decent standard. I’m actually looking forward to listening to the players talk between them through the game.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I haven’t watched that many games tbh, the ones I have though they’ve been a decent standard. I’m actually looking forward to listening to the players talk between them through the game.

several sides barely going through the motions this weekend, hard to believe Bremen are a side supposedly fighting relegation, couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag lol. Schalke look like theyve never met each other which is some comedown. Frankfurt just werent able to turn around in a couple of days and looked dead on their feet midway through the second half. Dortmund were awful, half their normal tempo against a Hertha side who were happy to lose 1-0

was some very very ordinary fare on show this weekend for sure

D

Deleted member 16999

several sides barely going through the motions this weekend, hard to believe Bremen are a side supposedly fighting relegation, couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag lol. Schalke look like theyve never met each other which is some comedown. Frankfurt just werent able to turn around in a couple of days and looked dead on their feet midway through the second half. Dortmund were awful, half their normal tempo against a Hertha side who were happy to lose 1-0

was some very very ordinary fare on show this weekend for sure
This is my worry for the games involving teams with nothing to play for, purely going through the motions.

D

Deleted member 16999

Nah still alive for me, way too much to be decided. I just hope West Ham go down.

oh and Null and void the CL, concentrate on restarting it next season.
You can’t null and void 1 comp because it doesn’t suit, all or nothing it sadly has to be.

D

Deleted member 1740

oh come on Stu please tell me youre joking, double standards much lol

whoever Wins it will have an asterisk against their name, just null and void it. We need to protect the players too ?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

Aye but they’d vote for playing on unicycles if it meant they got the money!

Issue I have with it is changing the number of subs, just makes it an “uneven” playing field. More for clubs at bottom tbh as winners are all but sorted and clubs fighting for CL spaces are largely the better off ones.