Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It's been confirmed by Liverpool I believe

Them , spurs, Norwich and Newcastle now isn't it?

I'm surprised we haven't yet. Guess we have enough tax payer money but won't be long.

No football club should be doing this
To be fair there are plenty of companies with revenue exceeding that of Premier league clubs that will do the same.

I agree its not what the scheme is intended for, but would be amazed if any company doesn't take advantage of it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm surprised we haven't yet. Guess we have enough tax payer money but won't be long.

I suppose they will say they pay enough tax in so are eligible for this
But I don’t think it’s right.

D

Deleted member 16999

Bournemouth as well.:mad:

Wolf

Visit site

I'd amend that to no top level clubs. As many lower league clubs may need to in order to prevent some staff losing their jobs.

But certainly the Premier league doing it makes a mockery of the system

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's going to be interesting to hear what noises are made when the 30-40-50 million quid transfers start......
Agree .
Would have thought we had enough in reserve to pay the staff.
Also declaring this early dosnt look good .
Might have something to do with no prize money for winning PL until it’s finished???
Whatever the reason it’s poor imo.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dont know how accurate these numbers are but dont seem far off:

Just to put @LFC furloughing decision in context, half the non-playing staff at £2,500 a month would cost the taxpayer £840,000 approx a month. Liverpool in the last accounts spent £25 million a month on wages

D

Deleted member 1740

Morally it's wrong that we've resorted to this. But then theres not many morals left in football is there?..... Only positive is LFC are topping the staffs wages upto 100% so no staff are losing money.

Business wise I can totally understand it, they're saving nearly £1m per month.

Overall It doesnt sit right with me.

4LEX

Visit site
Absolutely shameful for any club to be paying players full whack and taking bail outs to pay other staff.

Spurs and Newcastle you can expect given their appalling penny pinching CEO's but Liverpool? Shocking the moral compass of English football have resorted to this. To save maybe 4-5m over 3 months while paying players £20m a month. I hope the season never finishes and the drought goes on. Utterly vile move and NOT what Liverpool FC used to be about.

As for Jack Grealish........I've bumped into him in Spain/Dubai a fair few times and this guy will never change. Genuinely a nice bloke but loves the other things too much!

D

Deleted member 1740

Disgusting from Liverpool. It’s something West Ham would do.

I'm disgusted that my club has done this, though I'm not surprised. They've got it wrong, badly.

The fulough scheme is there to help struggling business's protect jobs not to help save a successful business a few million when they spunk £40m+ on agents fees etc.

I would encourage the Govt to reclaim any payments made to business's who dont actually need the help once the country is back up and running again.

I'm not on Snitchbook but from reading Twitter, I've seen very few fans defending the club on this matter.