Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18588

Just to make it clear my anger is not aimed at the players.

It is, however, directed at the clubs and the players suffer some collateral damage through no fault of their own.

If clubs can afford to continue to fully pay the players then they, the clubs, should not expect the taxpayer to pick up the tab for 80% of their non-playing staff.

If the clubs want to ask the players to take a reduction in salary to help pay the wages of the others then that is up to them.

Mind you if I were a player I would want to be certain that the Club couldn't otherwise afford to maintain those wages.

Beyond that it should be up to the players to decide if they, either individually or as a group, make further charitable donations.

So it is clear my gripe is with the clubs and not the players.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which goes to prove the club can afford to pay all its staff and shouldn't be left to its players(employees) to do so
This decision is not taken by “ football “ side of the club.
It’s been taken by the business side and is purely money driven by accountants etc.
It’s a PR disaster by my club and nothing to do with the playing staff imo.
People outside the game see the 120 million pound transfer fees and make their own mind up.
But if the government try to strong arm clubs then they will need to do it to every business.
Businesses are just following the rules , morals don’t really apply to business usually they just see ££££.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Seems the tea lady isn't that important after all.

Real poor showing from these clubs. I dont blame the players one bit. No one cares if they get paid full wack. Just treat everyone equally.
Can see Spurs,Liverpool & Newcastle getting some right hammer when/if the season restarts.
Tbf Newcastle fans will have expected it from Ashley & I’ve not seen any defending it.