Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
There are risks in everything in life - do you wrap yourself up in a bubble ?

Footballers looking at the stats are in the very low risk of serious harm in regards the virus. Things need to start moving forward and that includes sport.

No of course I don't. But I'm not as young, rich or confident as most modern footballers.

What happens to the hooker that infects a footballer? What happens to the people at parties? Legally it put the clubs at a hell of a legal risk!

PaulS

Visit site
No of course I don't. But I'm not as young, rich or confident as most modern footballers.

What happens to the hooker that infects a footballer? What happens to the people at parties? Legally it put the clubs at a hell of a legal risk!

Hooker ? Parties ?

Sorry I’m not sure what that is about

PaulS

Visit site
We aren't going to agree, so we can leave it there!

https://talksport.com/football/7052...oronavirus-lockdown-london-party-love-island/

This is the latest fool that's stupid enough to get caught, no doubt many, many more are doing the same thing. Leaves clubs open to a HUGE risk.

So far it’s a couple of idiots from thousands of sportsmen and women , and anyone caught will no doubt face any action.

And “huge” risk ? The players were together before the lockdown when players were catching - it hasn’t ripped through the clubs and stat wise it’s not a huge risk

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
So far it’s a couple of idiots from thousands of sportsmen and women , and anyone caught will no doubt face any action.

And “huge” risk ? The players were together before the lockdown when players were catching - it hasn’t ripped through the clubs and stat wise it’s not a huge risk

Just West Ham, Arsenal and now Dresden string to mind.

Jack Grealish, Moise Kean, Serge Aurier, Moussa Sissoko, Alexandre Lacazette, David Luiz, Nicolas Pepe and Granit Xhaka and Kyle Walker - multiple times. Have been stupid enough to get caught. Way more will be breaking the rules, increasing the risk to them and their fellow athletes.

Obviously we don't agree. But if a club gets relegated or misses out on Europe and one of their players get it, they will give everything to try and find a way to start legal proceedings. It'll be messy.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scotland have cancelled their league, awarded it to Celtic and given Hearts relegation. They could have awarded it to Celtic before they even started the season to be fair, but it's tough on Hearts - they were a couple of points adrift though, and apparently it was voted unanimously, so fair play to them taking it on the chin I guess. Cannot see it going the same way with Villa & Bournemouth being the turkeys that vote for Christmas though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Scotland have cancelled their league, awarded it to Celtic and given Hearts relegation. They could have awarded it to Celtic before they even started the season to be fair, but it's tough on Hearts - they were a couple of points adrift though, and apparently it was voted unanimously, so fair play to them taking it on the chin I guess. Cannot see it going the same way with Villa & Bournemouth being the turkeys that vote for Christmas though.
There is still a discussion about whether the top league in Scotland may be expanded next season meaning Hearts could be going nowhere. They may not be being quite so magnaminous if they have been tipped a wink that they will be okay still. The document to propose this change is being put together by .................the owner of Hearts

Wolf

Visit site
https://www.skysports.com/football/...r-unjust-relegation-from-scottish-premiership

And so it begins..

Wolf

Visit site
Is it rubbish though, nobody else gets near them year in year for how many years now? There's something unbelievably dull about the same team running away with it for near on a decade. Even Neil Lennon isna multiple title winning manager and he's terrible

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
They'll be favourites for sure but there was at least a contest this year. Celtic only got on top over the last five games or so.

And by the time the season finished they would no doubt have been 20 clear.

Liverpool will likely be further clear. But if i had to pick for next season. I'd be lumping more on Celtic

Wolf

Visit site
It was different this year so that's what the "rubbish" comment refers to.
As an outside observer its not been any different well clear with a game in hand before lockdown that's what I'm seeing, how is that close or how were they going to blow that lead against the level of opposition they face.

Wolf

Visit site
Celtic had a good run of form over about half a dozen games that coincided with Rangers hitting a catastrophic slump. Prior to that Rangers were top of the league. Its rubbish to claim Celtic could have been given the title before a ball was kicked even if they had all but secured the title when the virus hit.

And it's Rangers that have the game in hand so you haven't been looking that closely it would seem.
OK I stand corrected Rangers had rhe game in hand, doesn't change the fact Celtic are leaps ahead again and the weakness in their title challengers being in poor form against other even poorer opposition. I understand people get passionate about Scottish football but as an outside observer its a poor league that has experienced a period of dominance by 1 team who even with poor quality of managers (Rogers excepted) has run away and been untouchable. I'm sorry but that's not a good level of competition for a top flite division. The gulf in quality against other European leagues and Scottish league imo is every growing. Thats not a dig by the way, I believe thats purely down to commercial input and evidence un every league nowadays that it really is only money that wins titles.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's weird, the article I read definitely the words 'voted unanimously' - maybe it wasn't the clubs that voted but a panel of some kind. I think they're right to feel aggrieved, although at four points adrift they have less of a case than Villa would, whose game in end if won would see them safe.

There is still a discussion about whether the top league in Scotland may be expanded next season meaning Hearts could be going nowhere. They may not be being quite so magnaminous if they have been tipped a wink that they will be okay still. The document to propose this change is being put together by .................the owner of Hearts
Maybe they'll have to push that through now then as a kind of get out to avoid relegating Hearts. How many teams was it proposed for? As in how many in the top flight if it goes through?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK I stand corrected Rangers had rhe game in hand, doesn't change the fact Celtic are leaps ahead again and the weakness in their title challengers being in poor form against other even poorer opposition. I understand people get passionate about Scottish football but as an outside observer its a poor league that has experienced a period of dominance by 1 team who even with poor quality of managers (Rogers excepted) has run away and been untouchable. I'm sorry but that's not a good level of competition for a top flite division. The gulf in quality against other European leagues and Scottish league imo is every growing. Thats not a dig by the way, I believe thats purely down to commercial input and evidence un every league nowadays that it really is only money that wins titles.
I remember a time when the standard was pretty good in Scotland, and good players wanted to go and play for Celtic and Rangers - perhaps fifteen to twenty years ago. But it goes to show the difference between a two-team competitive league, and an noncompetitive one where one team steamrolls the rest (since Rangers imploded). You need some competitive edge for good players to want to play there (or stupid amounts of money as with PSG of course).

Wolf

Visit site
I remember a time when the standard was pretty good in Scotland, and good players wanted to go and play for Celtic and Rangers - perhaps fifteen to twenty years ago. But it goes to show the difference between a two-team competitive league, and an noncompetitive one where one team steamrolls the rest (since Rangers imploded). You need some competitive edge for good players to want to play there (or stupid amounts of money as with PSG of course).
I remember that to and it was a good standard, Rangers had players like Hately, Butcher, Woods, Gazza. Celtic with Larrson etc. But that's well gone now and it is quite sad as it'd be good to see it competitive again. France Ligue 1 is exactly the same all about PSG paying way above what anyone else can afford then losing all competitive edge.

It's been true for years but things are finally changing. Celtic were favourites this year and will be again next season whenever that starts but it is rubbish to say they could be awarded the league before any games have been played. What gets me to react is ill-informed comment from people who clearly have little or no interest in Scottish football other than to belittle it.
I'm certainly not belittling it, I used to love watching the games, money sadly has taken it all away from Scotland and the EPL is as much to blame as many leagues now pricing places like Scotland, France and Holland out of the quality they used to have unless they have an Oil rich tycoon owner. Hopefully Rangers revival can put the spark back into itm

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know. They guy who was has wisely decided not to defend the comment and then you and I ended up bickering.... classic forum :ROFLMAO:
I already got my bite why would I carry on fishing? ;)

I remember that to and it was a good standard, Rangers had players like Hately, Butcher, Woods, Gazza. Celtic with Larrson etc. But that's well gone now and it is quite sad as it'd be good to see it competitive again. France Ligue 1 is exactly the same all about PSG paying way above what anyone else can afford then losing all competitive edge.
Agree on PSG. If their owners get bored and take their money away, the players will leave and that league sinks like a stone.