Pre workout drinks

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was up at my sil and I asked what drink he was mixing it’s my pre workout drink he says, now me being a old cynic I told him he was a mug for falling for such nonsense.

Up again this morning and got him to give me some before golf?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends what he is working out for/how and what he is drinking. But Nutrition is the key discipline in any sport or fitness activity, and done right can have a huge positive effect.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Depends what he is working out for/how and what he is drinking. But Nutrition is the key discipline in any sport or fitness activity, and done right can have a huge positive effect.
Ooo, you're such a sporty person rooter! ??

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Well I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I didn’t feel so tired but I only played 12 holes.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was up at my sil and I asked what drink he was mixing it’s my pre workout drink he says, now me being a old cynic I told him he was a mug for falling for such nonsense.

Up again this morning and got him to give me some before golf?
The main ingredient of pre workout is Caffeine. Caffeine is one of the most effective pre work out things to take. Unfortunately most people consume alot of caffeine day to day and become insensitive to its effects. Try banning caffeine for 3 months and then have a strong coffee (you'll be bouncing off the roof)
As for the other ingredients on typical pre workouts. They are effective and most definitely work but to what extent and how effective are dependent on how receptive the person is the the substances and the dosage. Bottom line is they make your blood cells bigger so they can transfer and absorb nutrients better.

If I was a pro athlete I would use them. Otherwise caffeine is good enough. In my opinion of course

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The main ingredient of pre workout is Caffeine. Caffeine is one of the most effective pre work out things to take. Unfortunately most people consume alot of caffeine day to day and become insensitive to its effects. Try banning caffeine for 3 months and then have a strong coffee (you'll be bouncing off the roof)
As for the other ingredients on typical pre workouts. They are effective and most definitely work but to what extent and how effective are dependent on how receptive the person is the the substances and the dosage. Bottom line is they make your blood cells bigger so they can transfer and absorb nutrients better.

If I was a pro athlete I would use them. Otherwise caffeine is good enough. In my opinion of course

Ok interesting, I only drink 1 coffee per day I had some pre workout before my round yesterday but never felt any benefits really, I normally just put a berocca in my water bottle think that will do.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok interesting, I only drink 1 coffee per day I had some pre workout before my round yesterday but never felt any benefits really, I normally just put a berocca in my water bottle think that will do.
You had a pre workout drink before your round of golf?

D

Deleted member 1147

My PT advised me against using it, when we discussed it.
He suggested some pre-workouts can contain ingredients which aren’t good for you. Even suggested some ingredients eventually get banned, and then replaced with something equally bad.
Basically I’d suggest taking care as to what you buy.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
My PT advised me against using it, when we discussed it.
He suggested some pre-workouts can contain ingredients which aren’t good for you. Even suggested some ingredients eventually get banned, and then replaced with something equally bad.
Basically I’d suggest taking care as to what you buy.

Your PT is a little over the top I think. There are ingredients in diet coke that aren't good for you. There have been a few products that have been banned due to bad publicity and food colourings, sweeteners that have subsequently banned by governing bodies. But that is the same as all products (non gym related). A 5g serving 3/4 a week isn't a big deal
The actual active ingredients are nothing but fancy names for amino acids.

MonLas29

Banned
Visit site
It's not nonsense. It's science! Pre-workout supplements are designed to give you an edge during your workout, helping you to push harder and longer. Your body burns through energy quickly when you exercise, and pre-workout supplements can help to replenish those stores. They can also help to reduce fatigue, so you can keep going strong even when your body is telling you to stop. There are a lot of different formulas out there, so it's essential to find one that works for you. For example, I found ibutamoren for sale, which helps me to gain more muscle mass. Some people prefer to take their pre-workout supplements in powder form, but I like them in capsules.

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's not nonsense. It's science! Pre-workout supplements are designed to give you an edge during your workout, helping you to push harder and longer.

I’m sure drinking a Berocca would be just as good and cheaper ?. I’m not sure taking something that will help you push harder and longer is a good thing.