Prague Golf Holiday

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi all,just a wee report to let you all know how my trip to Czech Republic went.
Departed Newcastle airport Friday 5.40pm and landed around 9pm local time and were picked up by Golf tour Company and transfered into Prague to our extremely central hotel.
Saturday picked up at 9am(yes 9am!)and transfered to Konopiste Resort (45mins) for 18 holes on a superb course then trfrd back to hotel.
Sunday was spent at the Czech Derby day, (£6 entry and 75p a jar) where all my horses appeared to be a step away from burger meat! :)
Monday day off spent loking around the city with hangovers.
Tuesday picked up at 11am and taken to Plzen to play what has to 1 of the finest tracks I have had the pleasure to play.Again then taken back afterwards.
Wednesday 9 holes at Hostivar in the centre of the city....we booked this for easyness and also price (£15 for 9) and expected it to be pretty poor but once past the housing scheme that sourounds it it was a top notch track and more than worth the money,one of our guys has christened it 'Royal Wester Hailes' because of the souroundings!!(anyone from Edinburgh will appreciate it!) :rolleyes:
Then sadly it was trfr to airport for 9pm flight home.
All in all this was our 1st trip to Czech Republic and we are definately booking up to go back next year as the courses were comparable to Spain/Algarve and a damn sight cheaper,the beer was a quarter the price,the weather was fantastic,the nitelife great,the people too and the company I booked with simply could not have been any more helpful.

I would recommend it to anyone fellas. :cool:

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like it went off without a hitch which is always good- I have never been on a holiday booked direct with a golf travel company but the ease of arrangements you describe will certainly make it an option in the future. Anyway I'm glad the trip went well it sounds great, and you are not the only person I know to fall in love with prague and return for both the golf and cultural aspects.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know this country quite well, but have not played golf there. Glad to hear it went well. The prices have been all over the shop, last time my party boycotted the hotel bar at £2.80 per 1/2 ltr. We found a local bar (2 minutes away) with 40p beer and £2 main meals......hotel didn't seem to understand why their bar was empty...?????...

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Abante Golf cost for 5 nights b and b transfers and 45 holes of golf was £399.
Price of beer was 29kc so just under a pound,cheapest was 20kc dearest 100kc but this was in a ahem 'gentlemans club'
Food in general around £6 for a main course.