Practice Nets

Visit site
Hi again.

Just trying to gauge whether it's worth buying a practice net and mat etc for the garden over the winter months.

I try to get to get to the range 2-3 times a week, usually during a lunch break as I have very limited time. But could probably get more practice in if it was at home.

Can anyone recommend using them and if so which ones would you recommend?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a cheap one when lockdown hit. In eight weeks or whatever it was of not being able to play golf, I only bothered to use it twice. It's nice to keep the swing going and get your arms moving, but as you can't see the flight of the ball or what the result of the shot would be, it's of limited use as practise and gets boring quick. I dislike the driving range but still recognise that it's more useful than hitting into a net now.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Nets are ideal for working on drills and ball striking. As far as I'm concerned I know when I've struck a ball where its going. I personally don't need to see the flight.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not a fan, gon one in lockdown a big 10x10 metal poled one. thought i was hittin g it well had impact tape on as well, got on the course was ;eaking everything right as i had the club slightly open and the spins was off the chart robbing me of distance. i would say good if you have a monitor/ radar thing. seeing the flight is worth it if not

gary996

Visit site
Bought one for lockdown off eBay for £30 or so.
Enjoyed it and videoed myself to work on removing my slice for good. Swig was looking great and then once the golf courses opened I genuinely couldn’t hit the ball I had changed so much :LOL:
Still randomly use it but try not to spend ages on it like I previously did as seeing the ball flight it huge to understand your strike and clubface.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I brought a mat and net, mat is great net not so much. Have put half a dozen drives straight through it (full refund from AG) overall I managed to increase swing speed but was losing it right big time when I initially returned to the course. I just chip off my mat at home these days

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I am wondering about this impact carpet thing which advertises with James Robinson in it. I don’t really want to hit balls, just want to finesse this club surfing the grass feeling.