Power Shower pump not turning off

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Stuart Turner 3.0 bar twin pump very successfully driving two bathrooms and showers. However over the last week or so it has not stopped running on three occasions when the shower or tap was turned off and the water demand had ceased. I switched it off at the mains switch but it started again when switched on but there was no water demand causing it. Then, for some as yet unknown reason it does stop eventually when I turn a tap on and off.

Any thoughts please?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a Stuart Turner 3.0 bar twin pump very successfully driving two bathrooms and showers. However over the last week or so it has not stopped running on three occasions when the shower or tap was turned off and the water demand had ceased. I switched it off at the mains switch but it started again when switched on but there was no water demand causing it. Then, for some as yet unknown reason it does stop eventually when I turn a tap on and off.

Any thoughts please?

Sounds like a faulty flow switch, a replacement kit is available.....

Monsoon Universal Twin Flow Switch Body Kit (stuart-turner.co.uk)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a faulty flow switch, a replacement kit is available.....

Monsoon Universal Twin Flow Switch Body Kit (stuart-turner.co.uk)
Thanks you were spot on. (y)(y)
I eventually got through to ST tech help and that was their was their initial thought. But then they found mine was manuf'd in 2007. Too early for that kit but they emailed some diagnostic instructions but they didn't match my pump.
However I emailed some photos and they started to talk me through a test. Then we realised that one of the flow switches was wrongly aligned. You can see them here (the black sliders at the top of the pipes) (as I'm sure you know :))
https://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/product/monsoon-s3-0-bar-twin-46416

The pump is in the airing cupboard and some 'junk' must have been moved and knocked the switch too far round the pipe. He reckons that should have sorted it. Hopefully he's right. But very good service from Stuart Turner. And I've got a name to contact and the name of a local plumber that they rate.

Last edited: