Powakaddy Freeway Digital

Richmez

Visit site
Hi all,
I have a powakaddy freeway digital golf trolley, roughly 8-9years old replaced lead acid battery with a new 6months ago (12v fully charged)
mu issue is that when the speed controller is on 9 it’s still pretty slow and if I decrease is down it hardly moves at all. Motor seems fine along with brushes..
could it be the potentiometer or gearbox maybe ? Any advice suggestions many thanks !

D

Deleted Member 1156

Assuming the battery is putting out a full 12v then it sounds more like potentiometer than gearbox. Could also be a failing motor. Does the wheel speed increase when you lift them off the ground?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you go on the powakaddy.com website there is a faqs.
If the answer is not there you can email them a question.
They are very helpful.

Richmez

Visit site
I’ve checked the motor and brush gear again the brushes are work and well into the brush box.

Once all coupled back up, the potentiometer/ speed controller works well as it should , I suspect it must be the motor on its way out !

Doodle

Visit site
I bet it's the battery.
The lead acid batteries are rubbish these days & last no time at all.
I got fed up replacing mine & went to Lithium.
They are expensive, but worth it, as they last way longer than the lead acid ones.
I was told the reason that that lead acid batteries are so bad nowadays, is that they are putting a lot less lead in them than they used to.
Don't know if that's true?
But there must be a reason why they don't last like they used to.