Posting on Christmas day

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Anyone thinking of posting on Christmas day?

I am down at the outlaws, so I will be bored, but unless I take a 3g dongle and a lap top I will be without internet access.

Probably be frowned on anyway.

Guess I will have the usual conversation regarding diesel engines in 1950's foden trucks. Hmm, lucky me. Anyone got any rope?

No telly, no booze, don't open presents til about 7 at night, no heating, no double glazing, oh, and did I mention it, no fun. Roll on boxing day. At least I can do what I want.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
nothing like a bit of christmas cheer is there murph!

I will probably go on the internet at some point tomorrow, as I can't go a day without it, and the forum is my home page so I will have a look if there is any new posts and reply if necessary.

Best of luck with surviving the boredom though, I think a laptop is a necessity by the sounds of it. tell the inlaws you are expecting an important email from an arab business client. ;)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am at my partners all over Christmas until we start wok again in the New Year. Whether I can get any access will depend on how often (or if) her grandaughter gets off the pc!

So, for now, all the best for Christmas and the New Year guys,(don't get too depressed - it does end), thanks for a fun and informative year.

To those I was lucky enough to meet, thanks for some great companionship; this is what makes the forum worth while.
To those I will meet next year - I will get better!

300_176246.gif

(oh and murph, I've used the GPS on my home course but will delay commenting until I've used it on a strange one (on 29th).)

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ill be online, better than speaking with the in laws and grandparents etc. Will have bottle of sherry in one hand, mince pie in other and laptop on lap. Will be thinking of you mate, sounds like your going above and beyond the call of duty there.

Just found out the local course is open boxing day so making an escape then, cant wait.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Murph and the others...Can't help myself and will be checking the site as this is 'home from home'
Lucky that we are just going 250 yds across the road to SWMBOs sons house for feeding and drinkypoos!
Hopefully get a game on boxing day with the lads!!
Hope all of us have a good time(and can find something to be cheery/happy about) :eek:

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I do it will be very late on, Ive got family members comming round, Im doing some of the cooking!

That'l keep them away next year ;)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll be here as usual. Gives me something to look forward to after the dinner and presents and before Dr Who

:) Me too.....

It's going to be a little less social for me now though, as yesterday my £800 "lounge" laptop died.....so it's the music studio PC in the attic or nowt!!!

If I accidentaly post a drum loop or thumping dance bass line, you'll know what's happened

Argh.....the HDD has gone down, and it has the OS on a partition.....so I can see a nice £150-200 spend next week.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You do know that Santa won't come if you are awake waiting for him, don't you?

At one stage this evening there was, as usual, nowt on tv worth watching. HID, visiting son and I had run out of conversation for a few minutes so it was out with the laptops and HID was logged on to her TOGS site, I was logged into the Forum and Son was playing 2 games of something simultaneously with "virtual friends"

How sad are we??

Still. Things will be better tomorrow. IT'S CHRISTMASSSS. Daughter and hubby will be here to cheer us up.

I always do Christmas dinner and have now got it down to a fine art. Start prepping the veg and extras (pigs in blankets, stuffing etc) about 12ish and as by then the sun is over the yardarm, I remember to open a bottle of red - just to let it breathe you understand. About 12.15 I decide that it's time to make sure that the wine isn't corked - just a sip, honest.

Half past one arrives and I remember to bottle a open of wed rine - just to breat it leath you rundessand..............

I don't really care what the dinner ends up like. I'll be sleeping the rest of the afternoon while they are playing Trivial Pursuits, Scrabble, or whatever.

Don't expect me to be logging on:) :)

Have a good one chaps and chapesses

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought I was going to be the first one to post on Cristmas day but it was you Leftie, Merry Christmas Pal.

I might be on late at night, Just to see what you guys all got, Couldn't not check in here on Christmas day.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been up since 6.
Prepared the veg and put the meat in the oven.

Cleaned and fed the Parrot.
Fed and walked the dog.
Going to feed the fish and do a partial water change.

Then prepare Breakfast before HID and the lad get up.

First opportunity to check on line..... No one else one yet. (no surprises there)

I'll check again in this evening