Post round drink & grub

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all
Just thought I'd ask what is your favorite drink and meal post round in the clubhouse (if you haven't got to rush off)
Mine is a pint of orange and lemonade in the summer or hot choccy in winter.
Food wise I like nothing better than a chilly and rice with melted cheese on top, yummy :p. or if thats not available cheesy chips.
If it's a Sunday I rather wait till I got home for my Sunday roast (lamb is my favorite) and a glass of red wine.
Barb :)

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
lager winter cider summer,chilli or beef bagguette winter,ceaser salad or sandwich summer.i can't wait to get the ciders in when the weather finally heats up.

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
I nearly forgot I love a bacon and cheese toastie mid round if I know I can't stay (the chef has it ready for me as I come off the 9th), thats service for you :D

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anything cold and refreshing with alcohol in it! In summer here in Northern Spain it can get quite hot (35 degrees) and the ice-cold lager (or two) goes down nicely.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hi-jack ya post Barb, But what does everyone eat before they go out aswell?

Mine is the bacon butties with brown sauce!

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hi-jack ya post Barb, But what does everyone eat before they go out aswell?

Mine is the bacon butties with brown sauce!

Yesterday had a bacon, sausage and mushroom barmcake before I went out and a bacon and cheese bar, after 18 holes. Very nice indeed!

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Yesterday had a bacon, sausage and mushroom barmcake before I went out and a bacon and cheese bar, after 18 holes. Very nice indeed!
Sorry Redmike but whats a barmcake, never heard of that :D

Thats ok TonyN

As for before I go out it depends on what time I'm teeing off, usually it's quite early so have my porridge for brekky, if it's about lunch time bacon and cheese toastie, yummy :p

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have the odd bacon and chicken sarnie or sausange and bacon roll with tomato sauce before heading out. Afterwards I love nothing more than either a club sandwich or burger and chips washed down with a weak shandy. For some reason I cant eait and drink beer at the same time.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Re: Post round drink & grub

Barb
Think I need to change golf clubs! Lucky to get a ham roll after the event though occasionally succumb to the all day breakfast!
'Fraid I also favour a DECENT cup of coffee as the perfect drink unless the weather is really hot. In fact, quality of the coffee is paramount in my personal course rating system.
For a cold non-alcy drink, have you tried ginger beer with lime?

AliB

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Re: Post round drink & grub

Years ago in Dorset the steward's wife used to make real Cornish Pasties. They were delicious.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Sorry Redmike but whats a barmcake, never heard of that :D
It's a bap, bun, roll or whatever you call what you'd wrap a burger in ;)

It seems to be a north-west England term. As the assistant pro at Birchwood said to me (he's Scottish as well), it's because they're all ba(r)ms here :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as nomadpaul and diabetes means I have to be careful. I can't drink alcohol anymore (pancreas in knackered) and I have to be careful at the moment with food and drink as recently diagnosed as diabetic and trying to get the blood sugar under control through diet.

Post round it has to be a diet coke (no ice) and a tuna and cucumber sandwich. The heart says 9 hole breakfast but the mind say sensibility!

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dont get me started on this bap, barmcake, teacake debate that always seems to start with people either side of the penines.
Working for a wholesale baker who services both sides and also Cumbria, Cheshire and Staffordshire we get into numerous discussions over this subject on a regular basis.
From the Lancashire side a barmcake is a plain roll, a bap is a slightly smaller plain roll and a teacake has fruit in it.