Posh electric trolleys

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife bought me a Motocaddy s3 Digital electric trolley for my birthday in June and I absolutely love it!
However, whilst playing on the course last night with a guy that I hadn't met before, I approached the green, removed my putter from the bag, pointed the trolley at the next tee, set the distance that I wanted the bag to travel and let it go.
It's the best gadget ever in my opinion but this guy then proceeded to rip the p**s out of me for "showing off" and said that my trolley was "a bit wanky"

So my question is - are electric trolleys with a distance control function a genuinely useful tool which speeds up play by not having to retrieve your clubs all the time or, as my new friend contends, a useless waste of time for poncy show offs?

Discuss.

Yes the distance control is perhaps showing off a bit, is it wanky..no, not in the slightest. He's only envious, why else would he come over to hsve a look in the first place.

I've got the original S1. But would love the S1-digital or the S3 like your own, what could be better than being able to let the trolley tell you haw far your drive has gone or any of the other natty little extras on the S3.. Yes we can get by without the extras, but some of them are worth the extra 80quid.

I carry, pull & follow. If I had to put in order of preferance:

I prefer to follow my electric trolley & you still get excercise, as opposed to riding in a golfcart/buggy, which to me ain't golf sitting in one of those motorized greenhouses.

Next in preferance is carrying, yes I prefer to carry than pull a trolley especially in winter.

Pulling a trolley, well not really a fan of this, but on occasion on a short course when I've got my cart bag & don't see the point of setting up with a battery for 9 holes & don't want to lay down my bag on a damp course, then I might pull a cart.

Riding in a buggy, can't stand it, just ain't golf. Ok, sometimes when on holiday you might want to be lazy, especially when the other half insists on one.

Not to mention I do have certain joint problems brought on by my job. Golf helps me, but some days when its particularly painful, anything that takes pressure off can be useful.

In short nowt wrong with posh electric trolleys not to mention the backing of the Europro Tour for MotoCaddy, what better endorsment is there for us.
Wank? Nah
Poncy? Maybe, but if you got it flaunt it.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a S3, pull cart and stand bag. I use the S3 when I dont want to carry a half set and thne pull cart is only used when travelling and space is tight.

As for distance control -I must admit its a great feature.

mackenzie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Use whatever suits you. I also have all 3 options, a GoKart for when my shoulder is playing up or I am hungover, a clicgear push trolley for most normal times (this has an ubmrella holder and I agree that they are very useful) and a stand bag for a few quick holes or when I am not carrying too much kit.

This stigma attached to using any form of trolley, electric or otherwise, should stop. At the end of the day we all have a preferred method of moving our clubs around and you never hear of any other sport where the method of moving your equipment is worthy of debate. People should remeber that the sport is in playing the shot and how you transport yourself and your clubs to the ball is an irrelevance.

How do you find the GoKart GB?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saw an article in a magazine when they first started up so took a punt and bought one. Every dealing with them since has been a pleasure. Earlier this year they developed a new motor so contacted me and offered to fit the upgrade free of charge (including picking it up, dropping it back and giving me a loaner whilst the work was carried out). Sadly the new motor developed a fault so they had a brand new trolley with me within 48 hours. That sort of service cannot be found often. If anyone has any interest in buying an electric trolley, email Sandy at GoKart and I am sure you will be impressed (No I do not work for them)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you did well not to give the guy some serious grief in return! It's not any of his business is it? and t.b.h. I'd never pass comment on anything unless I had something positive to say....especially when it comes to expensive gear, that folks take pride in.

I went nr wishaw the other day....I wondered what the courses were like there.....for some reason I couldn't get snooker out of my brain tho'!