Portugal trip help

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Recently went to Portugal and went north of Lisbon to Óbidos and stayed at Praia D’el Rey and played there and Royal Óbidos. Also another course connected call West Cliffs but we didn’t play there. Had a couple early tee times which are nicer than a early afternoon one.

Not a huge amount to do in the evenings but there are some local restaurants outside of the complex, both course were lovely and very playable to most levels, and the hotel was really nice.

Try the usual places to book and play them of each other for best prices.
You went all the way up there and didn’t play West Cliffs 😂😂 it’s arguably the best course in Portugal now. I loved Praia and Obidos but they are leagues below west cliffs

Ragamuffin Gunner

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’ve never been asked for one at any course in Portugal. On the other hand, I have seen groups with poor choices of clothing and behaviour being asked and turned away...

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One more quick question.

Are handicap certs usually required?

Was in the Algarve in September. Played 4 courses including a couple of the more expensive ones. All 4 courses asked the organiser for the highest and lowest handicaps in the group (6-26 in our case). None of them asked for proof.

Been playing 4 courses a year for the last 18 years and probably only been asked for certificates on about 3 occasions.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Was in the Algarve in September. Played 4 courses including a couple of the more expensive ones. All 4 courses asked the organiser for the highest and lowest handicaps in the group (6-26 in our case). None of them asked for proof.

Been playing 4 courses a year for the last 18 years and probably only been asked for certificates on about 3 occasions.

Ok cool, 2 of us have offcial handicaps so hopefully that'll suffice if needed.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You went all the way up there and didn’t play West Cliffs 😂😂 it’s arguably the best course in Portugal now. I loved Praia and Obidos but they are leagues below west cliffs

Why you laughing?

We couldn’t get in there as we booked it so late. Next year we will be booking earlier so will get tee times.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why you laughing?

We couldn’t get in there as we booked it so late. Next year we will be booking earlier so will get tee times.
Because it’s like going to St. Andrews and not playing the old course.

Unfortunate but also crazy 😁

But take my word for it, it’s next level