Pop Ups - Bet Fair

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
m-w-j......you've spotted something driving me crazy.

I have quite high security settings on my i.e. on vista.....sometimes it goes completely mad......

The other day, I clicked on a different forum, went to make a brew and came back and found 56 tabs of i.e. running.....

I could NOT stop it.....so had to unplug my power cord and laptop battery......windows was not happy!!

I know GM need to do the ads....sure....but with pop-up blockers on, the site doesn't run very well...

I might try using google chrome.

http://www.google.com/chrome

Some folks say it's not so good and in the US it went down very well, only for people to revert to i.e. or firefox.

The news from here is.....

drum roll

On a modern HP laptop (vista business/2gb ram) on an 8mb i.s.p. connection google chrome is REALLY FAST, not just a tad.....it's like lightening.....

I've never seen page download like this ANYWHERE.....

But I don't like the interface.....damn!!!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going nuts on my laptop, every time I look at a new post another one pops up! Driving me nuts.

And my parcel still aint come!!! AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Surely 1 pop up when you first click on the site would suffice?

20 of the F*****S in as many minutes isn't going to suddenly make you want a flutter is it?!!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Me too, can the site please get rid of these bloody things as they are making me not want to use the site while it is allowing this irritating crap.In fact I have had enough of it already today so Im off.

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
Could these pop ups be some kind of sinister reprisal?

Has Superquad115 channeled the massive profits from golforderonline.com to pay for a carefully orchestrated pop up attack on our forum in revenge for being subjected to a surreal stream of consciousness by the forumers?

Conspiracy theory anyone?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am getting them on my works PC (which could get me into trouble as I'm not supposed to be logged on during the day and it takes a while to keep closing the windows down!!) but don't get them on my home PC
Driving me nutz too

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has Superquad115 channeled the massive profits from golforderonline.com to pay for a carefully orchestrated pop up attack on our forum in revenge for being subjected to a surreal stream of consciousness by the forumers?

Conspiracy theory anyone?

Me likee you's insinuation looky a little diffellent....

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
guys
sorry about the pop-ups - we all run firefox here so weren't aware of them till we saw this thread. I'll try to find out what the score is on them

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently have 20 Bet Fair pop ups sat on my PC. Getting fed up of closing them all down again now.

Oh, and there's another one, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Laptop heading for the window very soon :-(

DHM.