Poor etiquette or me just being a whinge ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm in agreement TBH, doesn't bother me. we have a guy is our group who always talks though you playing so got used to it. In fact ive even been known to carry on talking to him as well while i'm hitting my shot;)

..and so have I in some friendly knocks if the nature of the knock, atmosphere and context has been like that from the start. But most of the time - no - just a few seconds quiet please whilst I hit my ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It needs sorting. One thing doing it in a friendly knock, but if he does that in a competition, especially a drawn one with people who don't know him, then the guy in question is in for all sorts of pelters and rightly so. He needs to learn and be told in no uncertain terms when he's being an idiot and to shut up

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I gab all the time, probably too much, as i'm not allowed to talk much at home :( , but i do stop talking when anyone is about to play.
If someone is talking or moving about when i'm about to play and addressing the ball, i'll usually shout, "right guys, best of order ".

It usually works, leaving me no excuse for a bad shot .:eek: