Polarised golf glasses.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought polarisation was for glare off water.
Is there a reason why you want this lens ?
Oakley Prism lenses are the best you can get .
Style to suit everyone but not cheap unless in the sale.

I assumed (though may be taking rollocks) that polarised reduced glare significantly more than normal?

It’s the haze that’s killing vision.

I need to do a bit of research.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Polarised lenses are not recommended - in fact recommended NOT polarised - for Golf!
While the tech certainly helps reduce the glare of reflected light - eg off water - they also have some 'disadvantages' too - eye strain in some circumstances, depth perception issues and issues tracking the ball. The disadvantages can all apply to Golf, while the advantages rarely apply!
interesting. Thank you. Again more research needed by yours truly.

RichA

Visit site
I have had a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets for about 15 years. With all the different lenses, nose pads and arm pads, they're a bit like Trigger's broom, but they still do a great job.
I've always bought polarised replacement lenses, but read that they aren't great for golf as they mess with your depth perception and can make it difficult to read greens.
Having used their lenses before and found them excellent, I bought a pair of Revant replacement lenses for golf and cannot fault them. Oakley recommend a bronze lens for golf - I bought the Revant bronze mirrorshield and have found them to be perfect.
Fact checking the polarised thing, I've found other information that says polarised lenses are better for depth perception, so who knows? We're all different, I guess.

AAC

Visit site
Oakley used to make 'golf specific' lenses, I think they were G30 lenses, I have them in an old pair of wrap rounds and a pair of half jackets thet work really well.