Plugging a distance gap

YandaB

Visit site
I'm after some ideas on what might suit me best so that I can explore further. I currently have 14 clubs but 3 clubs cover just 10 yards and just above that there is a 30 yard gap so I think that I could do better. My 7=160, 6=165 and 5=170 so the 6 is really superfluous. My 23 degree rescue club is 185 and the 5 wood 215 so I could do with something that goes around 200. Thoughts and collective wisdom of the fourm would point me where?
Thanks.
PS, I almost called the thread "fill my gap" but that was just asking for the wrong sort of replies!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sounds like you need something in the 20° range..
A 7 wood or a Heavenwood......
Agreed. Or a 19/20 degree Rescue. TM Rescue Mid is still one of the best! And there are plenty in the Adams 'family' ;) that are great (and adjustable) too.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The choice really become between a 19/20 hybrid/rescue or a 7 wood. It really depends on which yuo will finnd you hit the better. The 7 wood is also a very versatile club high floaty drop and stop and great for hitting out of the rough. A 19 degree rescue will generally give the distance from land and run but not the control unless you hit very high, mine I use for tight fairway lies and tee shots.