Playing the wrong ball.

Del

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi
Was out yesterday play 18 holes with a good friend.
While looking for his ball in the long grass I found a nice new ball, so I put it in my pocket, found his and off we went again.
On the green I marked my ball and went to give him some tips about getting out of the bunker. Then replaced my ball and putted in for a 3. Only then did I notice that I used the wrong ball to putt out, ( used the one I found in the grass )

We were only playing for fun ( and a drink ) but had I done this in a comp, want should I have done, and would the card have to be binned??

Cheers

Del

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Hi
Was out yesterday play 18 holes with a good friend.
While looking for his ball in the long grass I found a nice new ball, so I put it in my pocket, found his and off we went again.
On the green I marked my ball and went to give him some tips about getting out of the bunker. Then replaced my ball and putted in for a 3. Only then did I notice that I used the wrong ball to putt out, ( used the one I found in the grass )

We were only playing for fun ( and a drink ) but had I done this in a comp, want should I have done, and would the card have to be binned??

Cheers

Del

Last weekend in a friendly a fella replaced his muddy ball with a clean new one, I let him do it but pointed out that me and the other playing partner are aware of the rule and had to putt with wet/muddy balls but cleaned them and changing balls midhole was against the rules but not once the hole had finished, I still beat him by 10 strokes ;)