Playing or not

Are you playing or not

• Total voters

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, it's a while since I've done it but...... will defo get out on my own to play against the course..... a really good chance to focus on my game & see if I can get it in order ready for when we can get back with playing partners. 9- holes will be a good way to start with a really concentrated effort... will be happy with that.
EDIT.... really like Jim's idea of family groups on one 9 & solos on the other (y)(y)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I regularly get 18 in on my own after work in the summer.

The fact that I'm WFH at the moment just means I'll be approaching the course from a shorter distance away and a different direction.

So yes....i'll be out there as soon as I can be.

Probably going to let Wednesdays initial rush/teething problems dissipate and may amble up the club on Thursday evening.

Diamond

Visit site
Thursday for me hopefully, life stays the same with food delivered, WFH, no social contact with anyone but the odd solo game of golf. Sounds like heaven!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
My membership ended in Apr and was looking to move clubs. Never joined due to lockdown so will leave it a while before I join and play again. Hope the range will open soon so I can get a swing (of sorts) back before I hit the course

Same here, was going to renew, but will wait to see how this new phase of lockdown pans out.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not hit a ball since beginning of February, got no real interest in getting out on the course, as above my memerbship expired, so couldn't go play even if I wanted to.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Honestly can't wait to get out. Really missing it, moreso than I was expecting. however it won't be for a good few weeks for me as I'm not a member anywhere so will have to wait and see what the situation is at my local courses as the situation unfolds...

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Feel like i'll be getting out on the course soon enough, big perk of working from home and being close to the course for an evening. Definitely taking a box of lake balls and not new ones for the first few rounds, else it'd be quite expensive!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not unless things change this morning
Its currently solo or with a member of the same household only.
Could change when the details come out.....

Things have changed.
Teeing off on Thursday, just after 2.00pm and I just can't wait.
Not heard anything official from the club, but it's looking promising.
There's four of us who generally play together and we have tees booked for 2.04pm and 2.12pm.
I'll probably play with my twin ...................... haven't seen him since lockdown, but I do say hello to him every time I look in the mirror!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Honestly can't wait to get out. Really missing it, moreso than I was expecting. however it won't be for a good few weeks for me as I'm not a member anywhere so will have to wait and see what the situation is at my local courses as the situation unfolds...

Well, there goes my theory. One of the local members' clubs *is* opening for guests and visitors. Have emailed and requested a tee time on Friday. Who knows if I'll get one...

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I fear you're right. I think give it 10-21 days and we'll see another big spike in hospital admissions and new cases of infection. It'll be interesting to see what Boris does then
I hope you're wrong 'cos I get the feeling we won't be very good at that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I hope you're wrong 'cos I get the feeling we won't be very good at that.
I agree and I can't see the public buying into a second long term lockdown with anywhere near the same commitment and that in turn risks more hospital admissions and strain on the NHS, more infections so the R number goes way over 1 and golf and everything else being put back on ice. I really hope the government has got this right, irrespective of any political allegiances, as we need to get the country moving and working again and the economy growing. The fact golf is allowed right at the start is perhaps nothing else than a huge bonus for us as players.

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll be playing Saturday, our memberships are on hold, and we only have to pay £10 per round in the meantime, which I think is smart thinking on behalf of the club. Rules to adhere to, but they're not really that bad to be honest, we will also have marshalls on the course to make sure we do. I rarely hit the ball in the same area as my playing partner anyhow how :ROFLMAO: i'd happily play on me own when no one else is free to play as a 2 ball, and will be interesting to see the course from playing from the 4th.. As long as we stay safe, should not be an issue. Just hoping that as previous posts have stated, we don't see a spike in a few weeks, or we're back to the drawing bored. Still I feel safer on an open course than in Tescos or B&Q...