Playing near Falkirk

roblad82

Visit site
3 of us just got tickets for Sunday at the open and are looking at travelling up Saturday morning and getting a round in the afternoon. Staying in Falkirk and looking for corse recommendations in the area please

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
May not be ideal but where are you travelling from please?

If a reasonable distance it may be an idea to break your journey and you should have more choice of courses. Also playing on a Saturday may prove more difficult than other days as many clubs have competitions.

Also consider looking on Golf Empire as there may be some Opens close to where you pass on your way. This of course depends on what you want.

Enjoy Sunday!

roblad82

Visit site
May not be ideal but where are you travelling from please?

If a reasonable distance it may be an idea to break your journey and you should have more choice of courses. Also playing on a Saturday may prove more difficult than other days as many clubs have competitions.

Also consider looking on Golf Empire as there may be some Opens close to where you pass on your way. This of course depends on what you want.

Enjoy Sunday!
From near Sheffield. Just done exactly that and booked an open comp at Dullatur ?? its on The way and for £18 it’s cheap as chips. Website says it’s £40 to book for this coming Saturday so more than half price. Thank you for the help it’s much appreciated ?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
From near Sheffield. Just done exactly that and booked an open comp at Dullatur ?? its on The way and for £18 it’s cheap as chips. Website says it’s £40 to book for this coming Saturday so more than half price. Thank you for the help it’s much appreciated ?

I am a member at Dullatur, I hope you enjoy a walk!! ;);)

FYI, they are in the process of a 3rd party re-fitting the bar/restaurant area in the clubhouse to take over the bar and catering operation so I don't think there will be any food available.

roblad82

Visit site
I am a member at Dullatur, I hope you enjoy a walk!! ;);)

FYI, they are in the process of a 3rd party re-fitting the bar/restaurant area in the clubhouse to take over the bar and catering operation so I don't think there will be any food available.
Yeah I’d much rather walk than have a buggy but 1 of the lads coming is trying to organise it so we only need to bring 1 trolly in the car to save room. Thanks for the info on the bar refit too we’ll have to make a stop on the way instead ??

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve played Falkirk Tryst course a few times it’s a fine easy walk and not expensive, not the best course in the area but ok for a game.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great shout - this is an awesome course for the price - one of my favourites in Scotland.
Mine too. Me and a mate discovered it accidentally but now we make a trip every year. We are back on July 20th for a Seniors Open, 50 limit (thank you WL for keeping it low :LOL:). £15 for the round, cracking bacon buttie, always a friendly welcome, brilliant stuff.

Thanks for the Glenbervie tip folks. I'll add that to me list, possibly make a trip out of there and West Lothian (y).

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine too. Me and a mate discovered it accidentally but now we make a trip every year. We are back on July 20th for a Seniors Open, 50 limit (thank you WL for keeping it low :LOL:). £15 for the round, cracking bacon buttie, always a friendly welcome, brilliant stuff.

Thanks for the Glenbervie tip folks. I'll add that to me list, possibly make a trip out of there and West Lothian (y).

I am also a member at Glenbervie, feel free to give me a shout if you are up this way.

Great views from West Lothian, their opens are great value for money.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am also a member at Glenbervie, feel free to give me a shout if you are up this way.

Great views from West Lothian, their opens are great value for money.

My sil comes from Banackburn and when we passed Glenbervie he told me what a great course it is and would try and get me on there,every we time we passed it we carried on and played at the Tryst?