Playing golf on your own

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are the same although in theory are only allowed one tee shot as well. If anyone moans I usually tell them its a provisional!
Tee shots are ok as no divots .
But irons to greens and par 3s only one ball.
They are very strict on this as we have two practice grounds one with green and bunker.

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm heading out on my own in around an hour - really looking forward to it as the last 3 or 4 times ive been out it was quite unrelaxing as i was playing with new players and trying to get a scoredown for my handicap

Can go out, relax and try and enjoy the game a bit tonight

Reactions: MrC

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Match play against par is always the best way.
If you play two balls against each other you will always have a 'favourite' ball;).
Dropping other balls, you will always cheat.:eek:

match play against bogey for me. Played 9 and lost on the last after double bogeying the last 2 holes....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We normally have a 2 tee start but we're all going off the 1st at the moment.
To allow quiet golf for those that just want 9 holes we have 5 bookable times for the back 9 from 7.45am - keeps you in front of the first group that starts at 7.
I've used this slot several times to get a feel for and practice strategies on the back 9.
I now have a plan for each hole and I score better on full rounds.
Just wish I could do the same for the front...

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Match play against par is always the best way.
If you play two balls against each other you will always have a 'favourite' ball;).
Dropping other balls, you will always cheat.:eek:
I don’t cheat, I count my main ball fair and square, then sometimes hit a provisional to see if I could have gone better, but I pick it up again.
But how do you match play? Birdie you win, par you half, worse you lose? I could adjust that to bogey and try it out.