Play for fun or to win

badgergm

Visit site
I'm not sure about this one. I always play to score my best. Being in a comp wouldn't make me change my strategy.
Apart from match play that is
Find this odd to be honest. Behind a tree, you wouldn’t sometimes try a big fade or something to get on the green rather than just knock it sideways? Or open the face for a flop shot over a bunker as opposed to percentage shot?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Find this odd to be honest. Behind a tree, you wouldn’t sometimes try a big fade or something to get on the green rather than just knock it sideways? Or open the face for a flop shot over a bunker as opposed to percentage shot?
No, I always go with the option that is going to secure the best round. Sure I may think I can pull off a lob shot over a bunker or go for a par 5 in two over a lake but the point I'm making is the decision (for me) is the same regardless off the event.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I play for fun. Don't give a stuff about the score, winning, whatever. Percentage play bores the ... out of me. I would rather go for whatever shot is on, regardless of percentage of success, than chip out sideways. I am not playing for a living, so why not have a pop?
The only person who gives a monkeys what my handicap is, is me. No one else cares. So why should I?