Pitclochry Meeting 23/06/13

smokey

Visit site
Great day out, great course, a hell of a lot of greens blind, and the trip up 1,2 and 3 set me up for my years exercise but would love to play the course in the sunshine!! Thanks deke for organising it, and del I'm still tripping about the silver cross git!!!!! Deke count me in if you arrange a meet at your course
Cheers Brian and jimmy and I suppose grumps for the company round the course!!!!!

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There wasn't any sweep.

I came in with the last group with a 71 so thought I might be in with a shout. However they had decided to give the sweep a miss.

Not strictly true. The Pro was running a charity skins sweep for a fiver so we just entered that and got to play off the whites as a result. :)

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site
There wasn't any sweep.

I came in with the last group with a 71 so thought I might be in with a shout. However they had decided to give the sweep a miss.

Bit of confusion over the final format maybe. Might have been easier to have a straightforward stableford or strokeplay off full handicap. Food for thought for next time maybe.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sounds like a cop out, who took the cash? And is Patrick home yet ;)

You cheeky bugger.

Yes took an hour an a half to get back as there was much more traffic on the A9 at 2pm than there is at 7am. on they way down it only took an hour, almost as long as it too Deke to play the first;)

And Deke, those little Green boxes next to the tee were filled with soil and grass seed for you to fill in every gouge you left in the tee, but don't worry i filled them allin for you;)

Good craic with Greig, James and Dave. I cant say any of us set the course alight with only one birdie between the 4 of us. The slowest greens i've ever played on and i don't think ive ever seen so many balls stop on the lip or roll around the hole for a lip out.

Course in good shape and prob suffered from the amount of rain.

Could have done with a bit more direction on what format we were playing and a sweep um ourselves, we just played without much direction and i think Dave shot mid 70's somthing Gross and i was well into the high 80's.

Thanks For Org Deke.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You cheeky bugger.

Yes took an hour an a half to get back as there was much more traffic on the A9 at 2pm than there is at 7am. on they way down it only took an hour, almost as long as it too Deke to play the first;)

He he, you'll always have that one cast to you after your epic from Machrihanish big fella ;)

A bit like Grumps and the tees at the Dunes, I wasn't even there and im aware of this one too.

:rofl:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
He he, you'll always have that one cast to you after your epic from Machrihanish big fella ;)

A bit like Grumps and the tees at the Dunes, I wasn't even there and im aware of this one too.

:rofl:

Even Pitlochry knew about Grumps, they even moved all the tees you had to pay for in behind the counter in the pro shop;)