Ping Stealth 2.0

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone currently using the Ping 2.0 stealth wedges?

Trying to decide between the 2.0 stealth or the 3.0 and can pick them up for the same price but struggling to find any direct comparisons between the two.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have just changed from Glide 2.0 to 3.0, will put the 3.0 into play tomorrow for the first time.

The 3.0 look a bit more rounded on the leading edge due to the extra groove. Personally I don't do black wedges as they look dreadful after a period of play so my Ping Glides were satin finish.. I tend to change my wedges every 24 months.

I can report back tomorrow if I notice any difference in feel and performance.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Currently play the original glide which I bought 2nd hand for cheap so was looking to upgrade to a new one as I get on well with the one I have at the moment however it’s in not so good condition now

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Currently play the original glide which I bought 2nd hand for cheap so was looking to upgrade to a new one as I get on well with the one I have at the moment however it’s in not so good condition now

I wouldn't imagine their will be a huge difference so I'd advise you buy whichever model you prefer the look of.

I've just gone for the exact same wedge set up again.

50/12
54/12
58/10

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Glide 3 came out well ahead of competitors in TXG's "wet wedge" tests.
Dry ball and club - there's little to choose between new wedges
In the wet, though, the Ping blew away the opposition when it came to spin retention.
They sprayed ball and club with water to simulate playing in the rain or dew and the Ping lost virtually no spin whereas the others lost 25% or more.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got the original Glide but prefer my Gorge model which was the predecessor. Would be interested to try the 3.0 as it feels lighter than the original Glide version which I've always found a tad heavy for my liking

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I had mine out for their first christening in an absolute gale. Probably 30mph winds which made it pretty much impossible, it was hard enough trying to get the putter back without trying new wedges out.

Footprint looks bigger, certainly more rounded and from what I could tell they feel nice. Not a day to get an honest view assessment. Only hit one full out 50 degree wedge which pitched 140 uphill, wind assisted obviously!

Will have to wait till Saturday/Sunday now for a further trial.

User20204

Visit site
Glide 3 came out well ahead of competitors in TXG's "wet wedge" tests.
Dry ball and club - there's little to choose between new wedges
In the wet, though, the Ping blew away the opposition when it came to spin retention.
They sprayed ball and club with water to simulate playing in the rain or dew and the Ping lost virtually no spin whereas the others lost 25% or more.

Didn't Mark Crossfield then do a video dispelling such a thing due to variables.

simonm8

Visit site
I use the 2.0 Stealth Wedges, Tried the Glide 3.0 today, just something about them I don't like.. couldn't put finger on it.. When it comes to changing my wedges I reckon I will swap out to the MD5 Jaws..

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm more than happy with my 3.0 wedges. Feel is excellent, control good, and like the look at address.

I went for the Nippon 105 shaft option with midsize Ping grip and overall an improvement on the 2.0 in my opinion. Won't be for everyone, won't suit everyone else's eye but I'm happy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm more than happy with my 3.0 wedges. Feel is excellent, control good, and like the look at address.

I went for the Nippon 105 shaft option with midsize Ping grip and overall an improvement on the 2.0 in my opinion. Won't be for everyone, won't suit everyone else's eye but I'm happy.
How do they compare weight wise. I found the original and 2.0 a little heavy but whenever I've had the 3.0 in my hands they do feel lighter. Is it just me (based on stock shafts and taken directly off the rack in the shop). It was one of the reasons I have stuck with the Gorge model as they are definitely lighter in the head