Ping irons -current lead times?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
order a ping G425 max driver first week of August turned up today (27th September) at american golf for collection.

I order my Ping G425 Iron set from local Pro shop back at the end of June. Was originally quoted 6 week lead time, then beginning of September, then mid October, now its the beginning of December.....and waiting.

Maybe not your local pros fault but do you intend to negotiate on the price when they finally arrive? or get some freebies thrown in for your patience?

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Ping now closed until mid Jan so unlikely to see any surprise deliveries between now and mid Jan!

So selfishly as someone with a set of irons due 25th Jan, I reckon they need to have been made and headed for a ship already or that date will be missed. I wonder if my retailer gets notified when they've been shipped or not, maybe I'll call in and ask.

mg444444

Visit site
They’ve got a factory in UK so I assume they are built up here so your date probably isnt that crucial. There are a few PING uk factory video tours on youtube worth a watch.

mg444444

Visit site
Don't close until Thursday, back open again on 4th.
Hope you had a peaceful time off!! The factory tour videos were what sold it for me before pushing the button on getting brand new-clear attention to detail,sense of pride in the finished product!

mg444444

Visit site
Fairway wood ordered start of September is due for delivery tomorrow!! Things are moving…just the irons I'm waiting on now! Due on Friday based on last confirmation i had pre xmas!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Word from across the pond ( via MyGolfSpy) is that KBS are struggling with their stepless shafts - C-Taper &Lite..
They've been told by one OEM that these shafts are now back-ordered until 2023.........
This isn't going to be an easy year either......

Suave1847

Visit site
Ordered a set of G425 irons mid August. They were originally backordered until 12/1/21 then they were pushed to 12/9/21. I reached out Mid Dec and was told my lead time was Dec-Jan. We are now mid Jan and I have no word of when I will be getting them.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Word from across the pond ( via MyGolfSpy) is that KBS are struggling with their stepless shafts - C-Taper &Lite..
They've been told by one OEM that these shafts are now back-ordered until 2023.........
This isn't going to be an easy year either......

The C-taper is a real man's shaft.

Lite, not so much.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you happen to know, what would be the driver swing speed or 7 iron SS for both of these? And also the $ taper?

The C-taper feels very stout and launches low. I had them in a set of Callaway a few years back and I hated the feel but liked the results. It was piercing and wanted to go straight but in those days I could get the clubhead back square and had a quick transition. I think tempo is probably pretty important to get the most out of it. They could be quite unforgiving on a bad swing day. The $-taper is a bit easier, and the Tour a bit more again.

I suspect the official swing speeds are similar for the KBS Tour, C-Taper and $-Taper but the feel preferences are a bit different. For an S flex C-taper, I would probably be looking for 85mph 7 iron, maybe a bit more for a slow tempo.

evemccc

Visit site
Good. I like low launch trajectory….and this or $Taper seems to be right in my wheelhouse

The 2nd Swing channel has an excellent video on various KBS shafts with 919 Forged 7 iron and your comments mirrored their findings

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Received confirmation from Silvermere 25mins ago that my irons are ready for collection. 4 days ahead of the initial due date and a total of 18 weeks from order to collection