Ping irons -current lead times?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I was told the other day 6 weeks from order to delivery, for a lot of companies at the moment... Golf is having a bit of a boom so more orders than anticipated, plus shipping of some materials can still encounter delays at the moment due to covid.

With the news of Japan this morning, I wonder if Mizuno will face particular difficulties?

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
On a side note, my own fault and didn’t realise they came with built in arccos sensors. Has anyone used them?

Not a fan of the idea of keeping my phone in my pocket for every shot. I also got a shot scope v3 for Christmas and it doesn’t look like the arccos sensors are easy to remove!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On a side note, my own fault and didn’t realise they came with built in arccos sensors. Has anyone used them?

Not a fan of the idea of keeping my phone in my pocket for every shot. I also got a shot scope v3 for Christmas and it doesn’t look like the arccos sensors are easy to remove!

I went for grips without Arcos. You won't need to remove them, just play and forget about them.

RichA

Visit site
Delivered today - 18 days from order to delivery.
Specifically ordered them without Arccos, which they seem to have ignored. Never mind.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Nice same here, got custom fit for green dot in the stiff shafts. Can’t wait to get them! Hope you have enjoyed yours!

Amazing how much time slows down when you’re waiting for something, isn’t it!

Played a few times with them this week at the driving range and the practice ground, got my first round with them on Sunday. I went for the four iron to gap wedge as well as a couple of glide wedges and they’re all just a joy to hit.

Edm34

Visit site
Amazing how much time slows down when you’re waiting for something, isn’t it!

Played a few times with them this week at the driving range and the practice ground, got my first round with them on Sunday. I went for the four iron to gap wedge as well as a couple of glide wedges and they’re all just a joy to hit.
Great to hear that they are easy to hit, hopefully a few low scores on the way for you!
The pro shop said that ping advised that the irons will be despatched on the 25th may, a bit of a wait but to be expected now that everyone is open again.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Update from my pro is that my Ping i210s are still mid-June due to delays in sorting the shafts...nothing special about them other than half-inch (maybe an inch) shorter than standard.

However...sounds like my G425 driver, 4H and 5W could be with me this coming weekend. As mentioned by another...the wait feels interminable...and of course it really isn’t of any consequence whatsoever.

Last edited:

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I ordered a set of Ping G425 Irons on Monday and was told the lead time could be 5 weeks :(
I got a phone call today saying Ping are having supply problems with Shafts so the lead time is now 8 weeks :eek:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I ordered a set of Ping G425 Irons on Monday and was told the lead time could be 5 weeks :(
I got a phone call today saying Ping are having supply problems with Shafts so the lead time is now 8 weeks :eek:
That sounds consistent with my mid June delivery time from my mid April order...?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

That's what I've heard too, also heard Callaway have a lead time of September for some of their new irons.

Last edited:

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can I ask which shafts you ordered? I ordered a set of i210 with DG 105 earlier this week and was wondering if it is all shafts or just a specific one.
In my case the guy at AG implied that it was the type of shafts I'd ordered that was in short supply.
I have to say though that he was pretty useless overall, and had a tendency to come out with any old rubbish, so I took this comment with a pinch of salt.
I went for PING Alta CB Slate shafts.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Played my first round with my new set last weekend, shot an 84 which is my best round in about two years! Was thinking they would take a while to get used to as my old set were shorter than standard length (which I didn’t know) and these are an inch and a half longer, they felt as good on the course as on the range though and I struck the ball really well all round.

Two big things for me were the driver just seems to go straight. Even my bad swings didn’t result in too bad an outcome, if I missed the fairway it wasn’t by much. The other thing was being really consistent with the mid irons in terms of flight and distance.

Just got to practice with the wedges and my chipping game now as that’s what is hugely letting me down. Absolutely loving the pings though, looking forward to my next round the minute the last one finished!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I emailed the shop this morning and received a call from their customer support this afternoon.

The bad news is that there is a delay, but the good news is that it is only 4 weeks, which is two weeks longer that I imagined a custom order would take. She said I could expect them W/C 7th June.