Ping G425 SFT Driver

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep.
I've never had a problem with distance, but being two or three fairways over, or OB, or 3 off the tee or deep in trees and having to chip out was costing me more than 15 yards lost. I'm not saying I've lost 15 yards every time, just the maximum I've lost. Being on the fairway but at most 15 yards shorter just means one club more. Not the end of the world and works for me.
I think the custom fitting of my new G425 Max has lost me some distance - maybe 10-15yds. Also moved from 9deg to 12deg. Why? Well my pro reckoned I knock it easy well long enough, and normally pretty straight, but he felt that i could afford to lose a bit of distance to gain more consistency and accuracy with a higher ball flight - I typically hit a low ball. Pro reckons that I should easily be able to regain the ‘lost’ distance over time through swing changes we are working on.

Last edited:

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I got fitted into this and it never came out the wrapper after trying a demo on the course. Wasn't so much the sound (which isn't great), more me not being able to get into my head that it was going to go left so much. Sold it the other day

Boomy

Visit site
I got fitted into this and it never came out the wrapper after trying a demo on the course. Wasn't so much the sound (which isn't great), more me not being able to get into my head that it was going to go left so much. Sold it the other day

You kept pulling your tee shots with the demo club? ? I’m a little confused as to how you’d be fitted for a club which you constantly hit left ?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I wanted a few extra yards and rather than hitting a steery little fade I wanted to hit a high draw. In short I just teed up my G410 a bit more and trusted myself a bit

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a demo g425 max 9degree for a few weeks off my club pro and it was a excellent driver very forgiving but sooo load ,didn’t find it performing any better than my old Taylormade m4 which I was fitted for a good few years back ,I just can’t find anything to knock it out of the bag so consistent with it .