Ping G425 SFT Driver

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m getting used to my G425 MAX. Its like hitting a tin drum…unless I hit the sweet spot - when in fact it’s much less so. As its very forgiving I can hit a decent tee shot much of the time but the sound will tell me whether I’ve caught it right or not.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I tried one as I was playing a Ping G400 but just couldn't get past the sound - it was awful

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes I’ve got one when I had a fitting, tried 4 other drivers and the Ping came out the best especially for dispersion, it is very forgiving and if you read some reviews Ping comes out as one of the best in this regard.

I’ve never noticed any noise issue with the club and it certainly doesn’t bother me, I’ve never been a long hitter but this club is longer than any other driver I’ve had.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've got the SFT having been fitted for it at Precision Golf. It's without doubt the most forgiving driver I've hit. I've lost 5 to 15 yards, but I'm in the fairway or first cut almost every time (Cooden on Friday was too windy to be judged!). I now reach for the driver far more than previously because I trust it.
The fitter told me that because I struge to square the face, the 23g heelweight would help. If I put even an okay swing on it, it's great, and I can still hit a fade with it. Bad swings are still punished because no club can help that!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got the SFT having been fitted for it at Precision Golf. It's without doubt the most forgiving driver I've hit. I've lost 5 to 15 yards, but I'm in the fairway or first cut almost every time (Cooden on Friday was too windy to be judged!). I now reach for the driver far more than previously because I trust it.
The fitter told me that because I struge to square the face, the 23g heelweight would help. If I put even an okay swing on it, it's great, and I can still hit a fade with it. Bad swings are still punished because no club can help that!
I've long been a fan of Pings for forgiveness, but you really did a fitting and chose a driver that lost you as many as 15 yards!? That could be two clubs difference hitting the green? That seems counter-intuitive to me.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've long been a fan of Pings for forgiveness, but you really did a fitting and chose a driver that lost you as many as 15 yards!? That could be two clubs difference hitting the green? That seems counter-intuitive to me.
Yep.
I've never had a problem with distance, but being two or three fairways over, or OB, or 3 off the tee or deep in trees and having to chip out was costing me more than 15 yards lost. I'm not saying I've lost 15 yards every time, just the maximum I've lost. Being on the fairway but at most 15 yards shorter just means one club more. Not the end of the world and works for me.