Ping G410

Super Saints

Visit site
Hello All, I have been using a stiff shaft ping G20 for a number of years and thinking of getting a ping G410, I would be very interested in your thoughts....

1) Is the 410 forgiving?? (I play off a solid 14 but every now and then I can be erratic).

2) I hit the ball high to approx 230/240 yards, would the 410 help me hit longer??

3) Planning to use the shot tracker in my local McGuirks (costs €30).......should I buy it there or bring my results to my club where I could buy one off the club pro??because I have a few quid in my club account that I could use.

I would really appreciate your feedback, thanks very much

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hello All, I have been using a stiff shaft ping G20 for a number of years and thinking of getting a ping G410, I would be very interested in your thoughts....

1) Is the 410 forgiving?? (I play off a solid 14 but every now and then I can be erratic).

2) I hit the ball high to approx 230/240 yards, would the 410 help me hit longer??

3) Planning to use the shot tracker in my local McGuirks (costs €30).......should I buy it there or bring my results to my club where I could buy one off the club pro??because I have a few quid in my club account that I could use.

I would really appreciate your feedback, thanks very much

1) Yes it is forgiving. It's one of the main thing Ping drivers are known for
2) Possibly but it would be dependant on finding a shaft option that worked for you. Buying off the shelf wouldn't be a guarantee of extra distance
3) It's a tricky one. It seems a bit off to use a launch monitor somewhere (is this a fitting you're having) and then take the information elsewhere (although I have done it myself) so I would get a quote off the pro at your club first, and then get your numbers and see if they (McGuirks) can beat or match it. If not then I think it's perfectly acceptable to go and get a better price elsewhere

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In all honesty, I had the Ping G30 with a tour reg shaft in it. Had it for ? 3 hrs and loved it. Had a knock with a G410 on the range and just smashed it. Went out got fitted and now I am struggling. It is all over the place. Had a lesson and doing some swing routines to try and sort it but at the moment my driving is purgatory. Don't get me wrong when I hit it well it goes further than my G30 ever does. But at the moment, standing on the tee and not knowing where it's going is killing me.

Super Saints

Visit site
Thanks very much for your replies, I will definitely get fitted and although the 410 is what I’m looking at i’ll Keep an open mind on what’s best for me.

Really appreciate you all taking the time to reply to me 👍🏻

Dannyc

Visit site
Basically lower the toe end of the driver 1 degree pretty certain it’s the first driver that has give u that option
I bought a callaway epic I loved it but used to hit a lot left I went get a better shaft fitted for it and once the fitter tried me on that setting with the 410 the left shots were much more under control
If u watch you tube videos Micheal newton explains it and shows u the difference it can make