Ping G10 ------------------------------ Gi

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forgive me for being thick!! Whats the difference? I thought the new Ping was the G10. Now I learn there are clubs called Gi's. r they for american's? I took the new G10 driver out yesterday and tryed it. Same as the G5 I already own. No difference. Can anyone tell me? would the shaft make much difference?. I have a Prolaunchblue in my G5, The new G10 has a prolaunchred (both stiff shafts.) The only difference between my G5 and the new G10 was the loft the G10 was 9 and my own G5 is 10.5. Whould that make a difference. Let me know because the g10 looks stunning :cool:

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
If it aint broke don't fix it.

If your G5 is doing everything you could want from it and the G10 is no different why bother changing.

I still use as Cobra F-Speed driver, now only £99.99 and so often people say to me why haven't you updated to an LD or this or that.

My answer is simply if what I've got is doing the job consistently why a) risk ballsing things up by changing an old friend and b) why go and spend £200 on something which isn't going to have any benefit on my game.

The G10 does look nice btw.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
good point. but u know golfers we all have to have the newest gear. Not me the only reason I tryed it out yesterday was I played with a guy on sunday and he had the new G10 with a yellow shaft. (I'm not into all this jargon) He was hittng it 20 yards outside me everytime he used it. so I thought I would try it and see if I could get the 20 yards. It didnt happen. :-( Do you think the 10.5 would get me the 20 yards?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have said it a million times on the forum.
There is only one reason the G10's have been released and that is to fleace the gullible golfers everywhere. The G2 is the best driver Ping have made and they are just cashing in on the Pro's wearing the hats without actually using the clubs.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
I don't think the 10.5 would gain the extra yardage.

I know what you mean about having the latest gear. At least a golfer of your high level of ability can benefit from it.

I have resisted because I am so comfortable with my current driver I really can't see the point in upgrading it to an f-speed LD which I don't feel would be of value to my game.

I see so many numpties who think that throwing £2000 at equipment will turn them from hackers into ernie!

Madandra has a point about Ping and their marketing. Is it true that Westwood is still using the Ping irons he had 10 years ago? I can't see much difference between the G5 and G10 and even the guys where I buy gear from agree.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
Lee Westwood has changed to ping i10 irons,driver,fairway woods.Im sure he used the same set of ping irons for many years.SO the new clubs offer him something better for his game or its a good bit of marketing.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks medwayjon, I'm not one of these guys that have have the latest, if i was I would be single and living on my own. My wife rules the purse strings. Thank god she dosent play. I've tryed out the R7 super quad not for me. I've tryed out the D2 not for me so untill I try out the 10.5 stiff yellow shafted one I'll stick with my faithfull G5

Keep it between the hedges :rolleyes:

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well i finaly tryed out the new G10 today (yellow shaft) 10.5 and still no better. I didnt find any difference at all so all this rubbish we read in advertizements is bullshi* So I'm sticking with my G5 10.5 if it isn't broke dont fix it.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Well at least you've tried it.

Incidentally somebody I know just traded in a Superquad against a G10 yesterday. He only had the superquad for about 6 weeks and got £100 for it trade-in against the G10 at £199. I bet the superquad will be up for £180 atleast as its hardly used..... A fool and his money!

Hope the G5 serves you well for a long time yet. I know my F-Speed won't be replaced until it is knackered eventually!

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
this is how our Pro works. Yesterday whenever I took the G10 out for a try he was fine so the guy I was playing with took out an R7 Super quad aswell to try. That was ok we both hit the club's well enough but not enough to make us buy them. The guy I was playing with told me that the rep for R7's gave it to our pro for nothing and our pro was asking £180 for it. Now that profit if I ever seen profit. The pro asked me on our return why I had bothered to try it out in the 1st place. I thought to myself thats like going into a car show room asking to test drive a new car then the sales man turning nasty on the buyer. He wasn't to happy as we didn't buy he must of thought he was on to 2 quick sales. Hi attitude really put me off so he wont be getting mush from me in the near future. are all shop pro's like this or have we just got the 1? :cool:

medwayjon

Tour Winner
My pro and assistant pro are excellent.

I have never been pressured to buy anything at any time.

When I ordered my new Cobra Irons they actually loaned me a set of them from the shop to play with while mine were on order so I got the feel from them ready for when mine arrived.

As I say I use an F-Speed driver and did demo the LD model to see what it was like and even though they knew it was a slim chance of a sale they quite happily taped it up for me.

The guys are simply excellent and I f I need a bit of an adjustment or check of my swing they are always more than willing to come and give me a few points and hit a few balls on the range with me FOC.

Im sure there are many excellent pros out there but equally by the law of averages there must be some right not-so-good ones too!

bolgertron

Visit site
these clubs are awesome and feel great of the face alot better that g2,g5. i was hitting the g10 5 wood 18.5 degree and was carring it the best part off 200 yards and usually on the range were i work at you do well to get your driver there as it is quite hilly, i would reccommend these clubs to everyone out there.These are the best fairway woods and drivers ive ever hit and i will be putting them in my bag!

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
surely if you are playing off 4, 200 yards isnt that great hills or not??

i hit my r7 draw 3 wood about 250, and im not that good! (p.s. id recommend my club tho!)

bolgertron

Visit site
so your saying a hill will not affect the distance a ball goes? i was pitching the 5 wood at 200 yards so was probably goin about 230 +10yards proper golf ball +10 yards hill = 250 yards not bad for a 5 wood aye!!! :cool:

Craigy_Mac

Medal Winner
Visit site
this is how our Pro works. Yesterday whenever I took the G10 out for a try he was fine so the guy I was playing with took out an R7 Super quad aswell to try. That was ok we both hit the club's well enough but not enough to make us buy them. The guy I was playing with told me that the rep for R7's gave it to our pro for nothing and our pro was asking £180 for it. Now that profit if I ever seen profit. The pro asked me on our return why I had bothered to try it out in the 1st place. I thought to myself thats like going into a car show room asking to test drive a new car then the sales man turning nasty on the buyer. He wasn't to happy as we didn't buy he must of thought he was on to 2 quick sales. Hi attitude really put me off so he wont be getting mush from me in the near future. are all shop pro's like this or have we just got the 1? :cool:

Chances are you caught him on a bad day, but you do get alot of people who never intend on buying equipment but try everything, for the pro this is annoying because it could cost him a real sale when the club is out or club may get damaged. Hopefully your pro aint an arse cause everyone should support there local shop! the way things are going with internet etc many shops will stop selling gear and become a full time starter box.