Photos of Silloth on Solway

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looks like its getting to its best again after a tough winter, I'm looking forward to playing this later this month with a few boys from on here

D

Deleted member 3432

You won't be disappointed, the course is in good nick at the moment with the greens rolling nicely. A few areas of G.U.R. where the grass has died from being submerged all winter but now starting to play like a proper links again with the course finally drying out. Played off the blues at the weekend in very windy conditions and it was very tough going out and 13th coming home was brutal.

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
You won't be disappointed, the course is in good nick at the moment with the greens rolling nicely. A few areas of G.U.R. where the grass has died from being submerged all winter but now starting to play like a proper links again with the course finally drying out. Played off the blues at the weekend in very windy conditions and it was very tough going out and 13th coming home was brutal.

Yes, a few bare patches alright, but good to see the recovery coming. I had the same wind. The 13th is a 'mere' 468 yards from the white tees - it's a par five and index 1.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like its getting to its best again after a tough winter, I'm looking forward to playing this later this month with a few boys from on here

Should be a cracking day that, still in shock weve got on there for £15 :eek:

Its only just over 3 weeks off as well :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yep, looking forward to playing it on the 27th. I'm coming up and .staying the night before so I can appreciate it, not be too tired after a 5hr drive

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah not long now.... Hope our team is tuning up for this event.... It's looking better all the time.... & for £15. ha ha ha.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice looking course and very quiet looking too

Strange to see such an open course when you are used to playing a parkland course with trees and water hazards

D

Deleted member 3432

Nice looking course and very quiet looking too

Strange to see such an open course when you are used to playing a parkland course with trees and water hazards

Oh its not open, penalty for missing the fairway is severe. You cant move the ball very far out of heather! Wind is a slight factor as well, hit driver, 3 wood on the 360 yard 8th this morning. Both were nailed and just reached front edge. On the other hand 430 yard 18th was 2 iron, 7 iron through back of green.

Home course is parkland and this and links provide different challanges, but you still still have to hit straight accurate shots and keep your ball out of trouble on both types of course to score well.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I played there about 5 or 6 years ago & I loved it, great course with lots of heather.

Take a look at the course record in the clubhouse if you get chance. It was posted by an amateur who was playing off +1, par is 72 he shot 59!!! 13 birdies :eek: & 5 pars