PGA Tour Championships

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Could be a cracking final round tonight

Rose not playing with Tiger will give him the break away from the circus that followed Woods , he has a chance to get some early birdies on the board

And then Rory with Woods could be fun - we all know Rory is going to be smashing the off the tee , will Woods ego keep him grounded and not try to chase Rory down the fairway

3 shot lead could be gone in 3 holes but the way Woods started it could be a 5 shot lead

I think the driving over the first few holes is gonna be key. It looked to me yesterday that once woods had warmed up he was keeping up with Rose, I think rose tried to hit it a bit too hard on the final few holes and it went a little wrong.

Tonight Woods can’t keep up with Rory, not with any degree of accuracy. If he accepts that it could be fun.

I think this lead is different to previous ones as he’s had a night to sleep on it and plan, not suddenly find himself there and go full pelt full of adrenaline.

It’s been a while since I’ve watched a full tiger round with him in contention, but I thought it was a decent touch that he allowed Rose to finish up quite a few putts before taking his putts on a number of holes. Not just simple tap ins which is common place, but quite a few Rose went full routine on but still finished first so as to not have to face the “galleries” vanishing act when woods finishes.

I’ll be rooting for Woods, but if any of the top 3 win I’ll be pleased. Hopefully with one of em shooting the lights out and not two just falling over.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's obviously different now as so much time has passed since Tiger's last win, all the back stuff etc.

But his stats with a lead are incredible i.e. 54 times out of 57 he has gone on to win the tournament when holding the 54 hole lead. I'm not sure which stat is more incredible, the amazing winning percentage when holding a lead or the fact he has held such a lead 57 times going into Day 4.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It was mentioned in his post interview that when he's in the lead, he tends to let the field put pressure on themselves and push for a score. So I can see Tiger playing very conservatively today.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Considering his serious historic health Tiger must be very happy and he's so good for 'selling' the game.

Wouldn't like to predict the one to come out on top. Rory could do it if he gets off to a good start, a bad start seems to get under his skin too easily. Woods was looking a bit fatigued at the end of play yesterday IMO so Rory's fitness might give him an edge.

However Tiger's got 3 shots which might just be enough - definitely plan on watching.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
As a Jack and Tiger fan I need him to win another major before I can call him the GOAT but I now believe that it will happen.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Going back a bit I just caught the highlight show on Saturday for Friday play and Bryson DeChambeau didn't come out of it looking very 'composed'

Just frustration because of what was at stake or a chink in the mental amour?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Going back a bit I just caught the highlight show on Saturday for Friday play and Bryson DeChambeau didn't come out of it looking very 'composed'

Just frustration because of what was at stake or a chink in the mental amour?
I get the feeling that he's very much a confidence player. If it's going well then he's likely to do well but it doesn't seem to take much for the confidence to vanish and the poor shots kick in. A lot of players are like this but Bryson looked virtually suicidal on the range at the Open earlier this year..
Potentially a match winner of loser all in one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't watch last night so got up this morning looking to see what happened. Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. BBC, itv, neither mentioned that Rose, the Brit remember, won $10m and the overall competition.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I didn't watch last night so got up this morning looking to see what happened. Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. BBC, itv, neither mentioned that Rose, the Brit remember, won $10m and the overall competition.

What did you google? FedEx winner our tour championship winner?

If it’s the former then they must have rewritten em, as lots of mentions of Rose now.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The finishing scenes were amazing. Rose securing the birdie he needed, but watching Tiger coming down the 18th was reminiscent of the closing hole of the Open but on steroids! This will, imo, boost golf and show the youngsters just how good Tiger really was.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Great viewing last night, what a performance from Tiger.
He made it look effortless, just seemed to find fairways and greens with ease.
Superb birdie from Rose at the last as well, he must of been feeling the pressure.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow - great to see Tiger dominate this event and show the young guys what he's like. he made them chase him and they couldn't do it. Glad Rose won the $10m but a shame he lost the No.1 spot.

Rory choked big time and got a real lesson from Tiger on how to manage his way round. Worry for the US that Bubba and Phil are showing no form at all and we were worried about Sergio.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What did you google? FedEx winner our tour championship winner?

If it’s the former then they must have rewritten em, as lots of mentions of Rose now.

I didn't google it at first, I went old school and turned the tv on. When both channels failed I went all modern and checked my tablet. My point is that two main terrestial UK stations both went with Tiger winning and made NO mention of Rose winning the overall comp and an absolute shed load of dosh. Odd editorial decision imo.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I didn't google it at first, I went old school and turned the tv on. When both channels failed I went all modern and checked my tablet. My point is that two main terrestial UK stations both went with Tiger winning and made NO mention of Rose winning the overall comp and an absolute shed load of dosh. Odd editorial decision imo.

Tbf Woods is the biggest name in the sport and had just won a competition.

Rose has pocketed a load of cash, but didn’t win to do so as as such. It’s still a great achievement, but I don’t think many will be surprised by the headline.