PGA/Sky 'bias'!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
In all fairness, sky are at the mercy of cbs the host broadcaster and tiger was in the lead or within a shot whilst playing. Rory played before it was even live as he just made the cut.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m guessing Mark Roe is smack in the middle of it - was enough to turn it off yesterday , he was horrific anout Woods and you would think he was the only person playing

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Mark roe is a terrible commentator, his voice is annoying. Knowledgeable guy but I'd say he's more up Rory's behind than tigers, sky need to give him another job...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not sure what you're talking about

I only caught half the highlights show and even with that limited broadcast I saw Rose make two shots out the same bunker!!

That's great value airtime :)

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t think this is all a Tiger point but an issue with US coverage being done poorly. I don’t think they have sufficient cameras as it continues to go between two channels as Cantlay had a hole in one which I don’t think was shown in US ( and presumably here?)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the new Tiger is about to emerge in Niemann...........hopefully.

More like a Sloth than a Tiger...some of his play was excruciatingly slow....5 or 6 minutes to decide between 7 or 8 iron for his approach at the last!!! In that time I'd have topped a hybrid, wedged in, 3 putted and be ordering a round at the bar.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
More like a Sloth than a Tiger...some of his play was excruciatingly slow....5 or 6 minutes to decide between 7 or 8 iron for his approach at the last!!! In that time I'd have topped a hybrid, wedged in, 3 putted and be ordering a round at the bar.

It's a shame that Niemann and Cantley aren't in the final group together. Poor old Jack would have nodded off on the final green by the time they eventually got there. It might be the car crash that finally persuaded them to do something about all the nonsense.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk

Agree and it needs to be stamped out.........but it wont. Watched some of the US kids playing at Royal Musselburgh, theyre teaching them to play slow, it's truly shocking. You only need to look at the non action of authorities after the JB Holmes debacle.

Worse still, I see players up ahead of the actual player who's turn it is play. That player ahead, sometimes they're right beside their ball, dont start their routine until the other player has played. Yet they could have worked everything out while the player further back was doing his thing. Tiger made 9 practice swings before playing one of his shots yesterday. G mac is getting slower and Jason Day is the most boring golfer to date. Just my opinion of course. The USGA R&A need an official with every group, that official needs to be able to say TIME after say 90 seconds of the player reaching their ball. 30 seconds over that and a shot penalty......problem solved. I mean whats the point in cutting down searching to 3 min if everything else gets slower.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone watch any coverage via the PGA app’? Most of the shots are shown from the outset, club selection.. the full drama of reading the green from all 4 sides etc etc, Its painful viewing! After watching last night the problem is far worse than I thought, It isn’t just the odd player..

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Can you subscribe to the app and use it in the UK? Always imagined that sky would stamp on that sort of thing

You can, but I only seem to get coverage of the first couple of days with a ‘coverage is not available in your region’ message on Sat/Sun... presumably because of Sky’s contract.

That is enough for me as I wouldn’t be able to watch much over the weekend anyway so coverage during the afternoon on Thurs/Fri is sufficient.

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree and it needs to be stamped out.........but it wont. Watched some of the US kids playing at Royal Musselburgh, theyre teaching them to play slow, it's truly shocking. You only need to look at the non action of authorities after the JB Holmes debacle.

Worse still, I see players up ahead of the actual player who's turn it is play. That player ahead, sometimes they're right beside their ball, dont start their routine until the other player has played. Yet they could have worked everything out while the player further back was doing his thing. Tiger made 9 practice swings before playing one of his shots yesterday. G mac is getting slower and Jason Day is the most boring golfer to date. Just my opinion of course. The USGA R&A need an official with every group, that official needs to be able to say TIME after say 90 seconds of the player reaching their ball. 30 seconds over that and a shot penalty......problem solved. I mean whats the point in cutting down searching to 3 min if everything else gets slower.

The PGA Tour isn't run by the USGA or the R&A. It's run by the PGA Tour which an organisation set up by the players for the players. Nothing will be done until TV companies say enough is enough, we aren't going to show it. Then the sponsors will take their money away and the players will have to do something.

Keith what-his-name, the head of the European Tour, havs said that his obligation is to their own players, not the the game in general. They don't care what effect it has on the wider game. Until the money dries up, that is.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Patrick Cantlay is nigh on unbearable. I don't know if he has some form of OCD but he seems to pad his feet up and down repeatedly before he can take a shot. Please someone else win this tournament.