Pete Cowan Golf Acadamy.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anyone know anything about it. I got an email from a guy i know who has started there re lessons. It's an hour from me and I have never heard of it, but a quick search shows an impressive set up. But anyone been there.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No, but if dave ridley is still teaching anywhere near you he's worth seeing. He used to coach out of coxmoor.

D

Deleted member 1147

I go there now
I came down 0.7 since starting this summer

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Does he teach the Pete Cowan methodology? I have watched Cowan on youtube (bunkers is a great one) and he makes it seem very simple. Reminds me of Dan Whittaker and his youtube offerings

Not sure homer it may be similar with ideas of centre, connection, triangle.

Dont know how pete cowans academy works.

Before i got injured i had lessons from dave can whole heartedly recommend him. If u r familiar with ballard and hebron its that kind of thing although hebrons more neuro learning nowadays.

Edit dave used to and may still coach greg owen and thst'd be a good example of it.
I suppose hal suttons swing wouldnt be too far away from it too.

Sorry tashy if its got a little off track, only mentioned it as coxmoor is close to you.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure homer it may be similar with ideas of centre, connection, triangle.

Dont know how pete cowans academy works.

Before i got injured i had lessons from dave can whole heartedly recommend him. If u r familiar with ballard and hebron its that kind of thing although hebrons more neuro learning nowadays.

Sorry tashy if its got a little off track, only mentioned it as coxmoor is close to you.
Sorry Tashy. Me bad

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No probs guys. The guy who has gone to the Pete Cowan Acadamy used to coach at Lindrick. He just had that ability to connect when giving me lessons years ago. Had an email from him saying what he could offer at the Acadamy. It's either that or 2 lessons for £25 with one of our pros

D

Deleted member 1147

The teaching rooms are very good, with big tv and trackman.

Some of the top coaches only help elite players but others teach the rest of us.

When you go you may even see the boss behind the bar or cleaning. Which seems weird, as I can’t imagine Butch doing the same at his place.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The teaching rooms are very good, with big tv and trackman.

Some of the top coaches only help elite players but others teach the rest of us.

When you go you may even see the boss behind the bar or cleaning. Which seems weird, as I can’t imagine Butch doing the same at his place.
I saw this in a documentary about Cowan when he was teaching Westwood in his prime. He would open up, sweep bays and work behind the bay. As you say couldn't see Harmon or many of the other top coaches doing that

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps too far away but these are the best in Yorkshire
Steve Robinson, Sandburn Hall
Graham Walker, The Oaks
Gary Brown, Ganton
John King, Lindrick
Mark Moore, Scarcroft

dronfield

Visit site
The Cowan facilities are excellent - a mate had some lessons there, and Danny Willett was in the next bay along.

Another good coach in the region is Ben Mason, i had several lessons with him when he was at Waterfront, and he now teaches at an indoor place near Meadowhall (Dan Walker often mentions him in his GM column). Barry and Justin at Bondhay are also fine teachers.

Rich

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just watched Cowans interview with Radar on sky and he was talking about the short game and to some degree how Woodland had improved (out of sight!)

Talked about using the bounce and how everyone says it but very few understand what it means and how to do it. Went on to talk about using natural forces to allow the club to be delivered to use the bounce. Sadly Radar then went on to ask about Koepka rather than digging further!

Would love a couple of hours on the chipping green with Cowan! (without digging!!!)

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
There's plenty of You Tube stuff with him online, but yeah I'd love some lessons from him. Came across as a nice bloke as well.

D

Deleted member 1147

He only works with pros, very elite ams and those he thinks may have outstanding futures, as I understand it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've bumped into him a few times at events and he really is a nice guy. He chatted at the World Matchplay at the London Club and told me that Henrik Stenson didnt want to be there as Mrs Stenson was about to give birth and Henrik was going to dash off halfway through a match if the phone call came.