People still playing

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
People are still playing our course, we have the same access issues as your course with public paths etc

Our club have emailed all members asking them to call the police directly if you spot anyone playing golf - I think you should do the same.

Ive been walking over our course a couple of times and theres always fresh pitch marks on our greens (theres no flags or holes) disappointing to say the least!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't know what I would do. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't call the police, I'm just not that sort of person. I'd probably phone the club up and tell them and let them deal with it to be honest. But that's just me. I don't think I've ever called the police in my life.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago a young couple were teaching their child how to ride a bike on one of our greens, luckily there was no real damage.
Went and walked the course a few days ago to see how it was shaping up as the staff are furloughed and the only people I saw were dog walkers and runners.
As it's so quiet up there I'm going to go back up at the weekend and spend 3 or 4 hours there..................... trimming back the brambles and gorse bushes.

Bassfisher

Visit site
Ring and email the club every time that you see it happening, I guess that the police should be told but sure they’ve got enough to do without this

Golfnut1957

Visit site
People are still playing our course, we have the same access issues as your course with public paths etc

Our club have emailed all members asking them to call the police directly if you spot anyone playing golf - I think you should do the same.

Ive been walking over our course a couple of times and theres always fresh pitch marks on our greens (theres no flags or holes) disappointing to say the least!
Good luck to anyone trying to play on our course. It's been covered in snow for a week and when it isn't covered in snow it is so wet you'd be lucky to find your own ankles never mind the inevitable plugged ball.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Ring and email the club every time that you see it happening, I guess that the police should be told but sure they’ve got enough to do without this
Plenty of examples on You Tube of police stopping people in streets and parks and quizzing them on where they live, what they are doing etc, so I think an obvious breach like playing golf is definitely worth reporting. They might not be as busy as people think they are!!