Penrith Golf Hub (review)

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Gave this place a go while over in the lakes after seeing recommendations for putter fittings. I have to say the facility is excellent. I didn’t play the 9 hole course but the range is top tracer with brand new balls.

For the fitting, the instructor knew what I was wanting to get out of the clubs I was interested in and I came away with something excellent but completely different to what I was thinking. Very pleased.

As with all these places, they don’t hold much stock and clubs will need to be ordered in and sent out.

It’s not far from where I go camping in ullswater so will be back even if it’s a bit of gapping on top tracer.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They have assembled a great team. Andrew Pickering was at Carus Green and set up around 3 years’ ago and set it up with another pro from Carus Green. Mike Newton who was at St Annes Old Links joined around 12 months‘ ago. he has some great instruction videos on You Tube.
they have also recently taken on a guy who is a putting guru. he may have been who you saw.

Very switched on team and worth a visit. 3 minutes from Penrith turn off on M6 towards Keswick

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Just googled this place....am driving up to Scotland on Friday and this is en-route, so might pop in and hit a few balls on the Friday afternoon just for a break.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just googled this place....am driving up to Scotland on Friday and this is en-route, so might pop in and hit a few balls on the Friday afternoon just for a break.
It’s £8 for 100 I believe but welL worth it. I was messing around with the top tracer a bit and there’s all sorts you can do with it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
What did you end up buying Jigger ?
I wanted to replace my 3 hybrid and 4 iron to something more game worthy and reliable and was going in thinking 7wood which would’ve meant 3 fairway woods to gap it all.

I ended up going for a 26° stealth hybrid which I was looking for height similar to a 7 iron but more length than a 7 to get over some tricky copses and have enough distance to leave better approaches or hit greens over bunkers that lay beyond on my course instead of laying up. A real multi shot club.

The iron replacement is a titleist U505. Compared to a normal long iron it just felt amazing but still gave me that iron style response. I can hit my 4 iron but distance was quite variable. This thing just flies so reliably.