Pencil golf bag - possibly callaway

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I remember my father saying many years ago that the course we used to be members of was getting too tough for him, physically. At the time I thought he was talking nonsense, in the days when I carried my clubs all the time. Fast forward 35 years on and I now play at a flatter course than we did then, I now understand what he was on about. 18 holes of golf once you get to a certain age is about conserving energy to last the round, lumping a bag on and off every time I stop at my ball is expending energy I would much rather preserve for playing the shots.

How old are you btw ?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies

Anyone know if you can 14 clubs in callaway bag? Well 12 actually as 2 I carry but never use
Personally I wouldn't call a bag that you can get 14 or even 12 clubs a pencil bag, but I guess that's terminology rather than a particular problem.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had the callaway hyperlight before and it's fine. Materials not great in my opinion and zips are prone to breaking.

The ping moonlite is a good bag. Waterproof bottom, plenty of storage and you have the option of one strap or both. Also has a waterproof pocket to protect your phone etc

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Unless you've got a physical impairment than no self respecting person shouldn't be worried about fatigue of carrying a golf bag. If you do end up knackered then I'd suggest you get yourself down the gym, get stronger, lose weight and improve yourself. If you like having a trolley then so be it, but simply using tiredness as an excuse not to carry is laughable.

On the Pencil bag I'd recommend callaway as they do one with a stand and double straps.

I look like a perfectly healthy normal human being who should be able to carry his own clubs but due to 45 years of working with diesel exhaust fumes I now have asthma, COPD and bronchietis so need every available bit of air going just to get round with my electric trolley.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've got several single strap bags with pockets of varying capacity.

One of the annoying things about old bags is that they seem to have very little room to put stuff other than clubs, I guess they were less materialistic times. :)
My original Hickory bag as one tiny pocket, no doubt just large enough for a packet of Woodbines ;) explains why you played in a jacket back in the day

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Titleist Premium Carry bag has dual straps, a waterproof bottom and 2 small plastic legs which keep the club heads off the ground. They're lighter that the normal carry bags, perfect for a half set although you can get 14 clubs in them.
If you want to spend a bit of cash, try a Links & Kings or Mackenzie leather bag. I've got a Links & Kings, its superbly made and will last forever.

stirry

Medal Winner
Visit site
I recently bought the big max dry lite golf bag, as I wanted to give up my trolley. Its a great bag and very light to carry, also waterproof.

I'm 42 and don't have a problem carrying the bag for 18 holes, also my course is quite hilly . I actually found it harder pushing the trolley than I do carrying the bag.

Everyone to there own.