Pencil bag

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any recommendations on a pencil bag?

Planning to play quite a lot of golf early in the morning / late in the evening and sometimes just a few holes. I’ve got a carry bag already, but its not the lightest.

Looking for a pencil bag, ideally with a divider, two straps and a mini stand (unless the view is it’s not worth it!).

I guess the other option is to get something a bit bigger that could replace my current bag and also be small and lightweight enough for taking a half set round

From a quick google, bags have got a lot more expensive since I last bought one!! Like most golf equipment to be fair....

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it just me that finds the idea of paying £75 plus on a pencil bag mind boggling?! Some of them are £130!

Given a modern lightweight stand bag that could take a full set is only 2kg, maybe that’s the better option

Thanks guys

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Pencil bags always seem like a good idea but in reality are just a pain in the hoop. Just put less clubs in a normal carry bag. No snagging, room for waterproof and a bottle of water etc.

D

Deleted member 1740

I’ve got a titliest one I rarely use, yours for £30 delivered.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pencil bags always seem like a good idea but in reality are just a pain in the hoop. Just put less clubs in a normal carry bag. No snagging, room for waterproof and a bottle of water etc.

I think you might be right - i think I’ll get a lightweight stand bag. Also with that i just have one bag and don’t have to worry about switching

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it just me that finds the idea of paying £75 plus on a pencil bag mind boggling?!

I have a cheap pencil bag off eBay, Masters s500.

The amount I have used it and all the shortcomings of the bag itself makes me think I should have bought the £70 one I saw.

It is only mind boggling until you actually own it and don’t have the issues I have.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If you decide a pencil bag is worhwhile, then I'd stronfly recommend getting one with the tiny legs (and plastic around base). It has 2 benefits...1 keeping the bag dry if the ground is damp - as in either dew or after rain and 2 (more importantly!) saves bending all the way down to pick it up - a surprising pain. I used to play with a guy who had one (a Wilson from memory) and was really surprised how much easier it was to pick up his bag than mine (which didn't have legs)!

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you decide a pencil bag is worhwhile, then I'd stronfly recommend getting one with the tiny legs (and plastic around base). It has 2 benefits...1 keeping the bag dry if the ground is damp - as in either dew or after rain and 2 (more importantly!) saves bending all the way down to pick it up - a surprising pain. I used to play with a guy who had one (a Wilson from memory) and was really surprised how much easier it was to pick up his bag than mine (which didn't have legs)!

I have the Wilson bag that I found very useful just not big enough to hold a brolly but manages 9 clubs max.