Pedham place closing

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Apparently Wasps RFC are in talks with Sevenoaks council to have a stadium and training ground in the Pedham Place area

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pedham Place going has been on the cards, and plans drawn up ages ok. Originally it was going to be housing, and have a small 9 hole course But I suspect the current climate has changed things a little.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it Sevenoaks council land?
Plus it very close to a certain area in Orpington namely Star Lane.
I think Pedham Place is the best area to grab the attention of Kent residents, who have to go to SW London to see Quinns as the nearest.
Easy to get to, and away from.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the whole project is years away.
They need to firstly get finance sorted and try and convince the RFU to let them (Wasps) restart in the championship.
Rumours are they want Ealing trail finders to move but somehow give up their brand

The main reason for the project is to build a stadium and entertainment venue there to rival the O2. The same plan that went disastrously wrong at Coventry.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Couple of years minimum, I reckon.
Possibly.
Southern Valley was sold off to enable the new Thames crossing about 2 years ago. The new crossing is now uncertain, and being reworked and still no certainty it will go on, so I would wager that PP would be sold when it benefits the owners the most.

Last edited:

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site