PCC review

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure I've read on here that PCC is going to be reviewed and was wondering if anyone had anymore information ?? Timeline etc.

Thanks

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know why some days the PCC appears immediately on entering you score, and other days it is left blank and only applied during the night with the hc update ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know why some days the PCC appears immediately on entering you score, and other days it is left blank and only applied during the night with the hc update ?
As the PCC is only calculated by the WHS hub overnight I find that very odd. Are you sure?

Visit site
I was told that the new PCC calc is in effect but that may fake news.

I’ve also been told that course ratings are likely to be amended. At present, apparently, heather is treated in the same way as “semi rough”, which has a big knock on effect for course ratings. Arguably in winter it’s easier to handle, but during summer months it might as well be treated the same way as a lake.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was told that the new PCC calc is in effect but that may fake news.

I’ve also been told that course ratings are likely to be amended. At present, apparently, heather is treated in the same way as “semi rough”, which has a big knock on effect for course ratings. Arguably in winter it’s easier to handle, but during summer months it might as well be treated the same way as a lake.
Heather is currently treated as any other factor which makes it likely a ball will be lost or advanced only with great difficulty and should be rated under OB/Extreme Rough as well as Recoverability and Rough

Visit site
Heather is currently treated as any other factor which makes it likely a ball will be lost or advanced only with great difficulty and should be rated under OB/Extreme Rough as well as Recoverability and Rough

I suppose that goes to show the level of nonsense that gets spouted at golf clubs from time to time...

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As the PCC is only calculated by the WHS hub overnight I find that very odd. Are you sure?
Certain. I have seen PCC immediately after putting in my score, come up on my recordas a dash. That always coverts to a number during the night, yes, usually zero, but not always a zero. Have seen it be 1, 2, or 3.
But have seen at times, zero come up right on the day. Not certain, but I dont think I have ever seen it revise during the night to another number. It seems once a zero, always a zero.
Could it be to do with time of day. If enough cards are already submitted that day, the algorithm might already be able to conclude a pcc of zero for that day?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Certain. I have seen PCC immediately after putting in my score, come up on my recordas a dash. That always coverts to a number during the night, yes, usually zero, but not always a zero. Have seen it be 1, 2, or 3.
But have seen at times, zero come up right on the day. Not certain, but I dont think I have ever seen it revise during the night to another number. It seems once a zero, always a zero.
Could it be to do with time of day. If enough cards are already submitted that day, the algorithm might already be able to conclude a pcc of zero for that day?
Post #7 seems the most likely.
The PCC calc is only done at the WHS centre overnight. The ISV do not have access to the algorithm so it cannot be performed in in your club's system (V1, IG, HM etc)

Edit: "But have seen at times, zero come up right on the day."
Just realised the significance of zero in the above. As the PCC has not yet been calculated it can only show 0 until the calc has been done overnight.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not post 7. All score are competition ones and submitted straight after the round.

Maybe there is no difference between the dash and the zero. But even so, why sometimes one, sometimes the other ? It does make it look like one simply hasn't been calculated when the dash is there. But that when it is a numeral, that one has been. But maybe the zero also means one hasn't been calculated.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not post 7. All score are competition ones and submitted straight after the round.

Maybe there is no difference between the dash and the zero. But even so, why sometimes one, sometimes the other ? It does make it look like one simply hasn't been calculated when the dash is there. But that when it is a numeral, that one has been. But maybe the zero also means one hasn't been calculated.
Which system/website are you seeing this on?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Whilst I appreciate that the calculation is somewhat of a secret, is there any way to see the scores that are put in to the PCC on a non competition day?
We had a medal on Sunday and PCC remained at zero.
No competition yesterday and PCC moved to -1....
Playing conditions, after all that's what is in the title, were as near as dammit identical, holes and tees weren't changed, just cut and rolled as they were on Sunday.
If they're going to have this sort of calculation then I wish they'd call it by it's proper name of Players Scoring Calculation because playing conditions seem to have naff all effect.:mad:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst I appreciate that the calculation is somewhat of a secret, is there any way to see the scores that are put in to the PCC on a non competition day?
Playing conditions, after all that's what is in the title, were as near as dammit identical, holes and tees weren't changed, just cut and rolled as they were on Sunday.
If they're going to have this sort of calculation then I wish they'd call it by it's proper name of Players Scoring Calculation because playing conditions seem to have naff all effect.:mad:
I can see GP scores in Club V1 as have admin access and last Tuesday there was a -1 PCC , 8 GP scores entered and 3 scores were better than CR by 4 shots and one by 3. Others score were 1 over and a NR
On Sat 35 in Pro shop individual and 8 beat CR and PCC was 0 . Clear as mud ?

wjemather

Visit site
Yes, those with access to the WHS database can view all scores submitted on their course(s) each day (including members & visitors, and comp & gen play - there is no difference as far as PCC is concerned).

"Daily rating adjustment"?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can see GP scores in Club V1 as have admin access and last Tuesday there was a -1 PCC , 8 GP scores entered and 3 scores were better than CR by 4 shots and one by 3. Others score were 1 over and a NR
On Sat 35 in Pro shop individual and 8 beat CR and PCC was 0 . Clear as mud ?
From what I understand the system compares actual scores/differentials with players' statistically expected scores/differentials not with the course rating. It doesn't look at actual differentials alone for that day but how the whole field performed in comparison with how the field was expected to score by looking at their history.