Parking places running out.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great idea , while we are at it , why not charge cyclists for using public roads ? And we may as well charge pedestrians for using public footpaths while we are at it .
The common word here is public , for us all to use as we see fit and not the preserve of the few who can pay .
I didn't mention anything about charging to use roads or pavements. My point which seems to have eluded you was that our roads have too many parked cars that restrict them to single lanes and there would be no charge if you park in your property or a car park. The money raised could be put to use improving roads and providing better off road parking.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
I didn't mention anything about charging to use roads or pavements. My point which seems to have eluded you was that our roads have too many parked cars that restrict them to single lanes and there would be no charge if you park in your property or a car park. The money raised could be put to use improving roads and providing better off road parking.

But is a parking charge by its nature a charge to use the road ? Use of the road for parking is unavoidable for some so it just penalises those who do not have off road parking .
I think the car owner is paying enough to be provided with better roads as it is , and off road parking ? I do not think we have spare land in our cities for more of that plus it
would have to be local to where it was needed in the estates and townships . You say no charge to use a car park ? Our councils would soon levy a charge on that .

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Close to town and schools, plenty of drivers around here have to pay to park outside their homes as it is.
Dozens of "Residents Only" roads with on road parking..and you need to pay for a permit to park there.....

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'd challenge anybody who claims they do yoga by mentioning that it is quest for supernatural powers.
Like making yourself invisible, jumping into another body, seeing into the future. Many more of these claimed powers are found in the Yoga Sutras.
What people do in the West is a form of gymnastics. Many will find it results in injury.
Tai Chi makes no such claims. Any benefits found are personal to the practitioner.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Close to town and schools, plenty of drivers around here have to pay to park outside their homes as it is.
Dozens of "Residents Only" roads with on road parking..and you need to pay for a permit to park there.....
Do you have a park and ride, as in Oxford?
One of the worst places to park in the country.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Do you have a park and ride, as in Oxford?
One of the worst places to park in the country.
They built a road to a field about 15 years ago with a view to having a P&R but that's as far as it got.
Parking in town is a nightmare which is one of the reasonsmi rarely go there anymore...

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd challenge anybody who claims they do yoga by mentioning that it is quest for supernatural powers.
Like making yourself invisible, jumping into another body, seeing into the future. Many more of these claimed powers are found in the Yoga Sutras.
What people do in the West is a form of gymnastics. Many will find it results in injury.
Tai Chi makes no such claims. Any benefits found are personal to the practitioner.
The above post has nothing to do with the post of mine that you quoted, which was challenging your generalised assertion that 'Tai Chi is vastly superior'!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
The above post has nothing to do with the post of mine that you quoted, which was challenging your generalised assertion that 'Tai Chi is vastly superior'!
I vote for the natural over the supernatural. TC is a perfectly natural practice. Only slight drawback it does tend to take a bit of time to bring to fruition.
I don't know if James Randi's $million challenge is still open for anyone to prove the paranormal but I'd love witness someone go from being seen to unseen.
There is no such thing as yoga, It was described by Patanjali 2,500 years ago and apart from the word used today it bears no resemblance.
People have even been encouraged by Patanjali to cut the tendon on their tongue to try and attain these supernatural powers.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
They built a road to a field about 15 years ago with a view to having a P&R but that's as far as it got.
Parking in town is a nightmare which is one of the reasonsmi rarely go there anymore...
Do you remember when the movies promised us hoverboards?
Back to the Future.
All those years later and all we have are E-scooters.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
I vote for the natural over the supernatural. TC is a perfectly natural practice. Only slight drawback it does tend to take a bit of time to bring to fruition.
I don't know if James Randi's $million challenge is still open for anyone to prove the paranormal but I'd love witness someone go from being seen to unseen.
There is no such thing as yoga, It was described by Patanjali 2,500 years ago and apart from the word used today it bears no resemblance.
People have even been encouraged by Patanjali to cut the tendon on their tongue to try and attain these supernatural powers.
See post 49!.