Palmer Golf Clubs?

MCIR

Visit site
Hi, I've been using my grandpa's palmer irons since I was a junior and I'ver never really had any information on them. I've had a search of the Internet and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on palmer clubs. Does anyone know anything about them or where I could get some general information? It's mostly just for my own interest.

The clubs are Palmer Acura Plus Oversize Irons

ThanksIMG_20190301_222953.jpg

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
You might have more luck finding information on Acura clubs; I believe they are Acura 'Palmer' rather than the other way round.
At that time many manufacturers produced models tagged to the top golfers of the time - Dunlop had the Peter Thompson Australian blades and Bob Charles (left handed blades), Slazenger had some Lee Trevino (i think) and there were a number of Nicklaus incarnations through to his own company marketed models.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Arnold Palmer did have deals with various manufacturers, including Dunlop with his "Powerpoint" range in the 1960s.

He also produced his own clubs under the Palmer brand and later Bay Hill.

Your Acura model is an oversize game improvement type club, dating to the 1990s I'd guess, I've seen metal woods for the same line, in fact there're a couple on ebay now, see below for one of them.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PALMER-A...670566?hash=item1ef5c9ee66:g:n2gAAOSw-R5cekGa