Paid golf membership sites

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
(eg Me and My Golf, RotarySwing, Scratch Academy, Or any of the countless others out there)

Have you ever joined one? Did it improve your golf? Or is it impossible to really improve without one-on-one support?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No, I figured i'd get better keeping the money for lessons. Especially with free content on YouTube etc I think it's not good value.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I think you would need plenty of time on your hands for practicing what they are teaching you.
Personally id find a pro to do one to one lessons.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Use the YT guys for (general) ideas, but for training specific to YOUR swing/requirements, nothing beats a compatible coach. Finding that compatibility can be quite difficult though. I think I've been quite lucky in that respect. It's only my personal failings that are holding me back these days!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There are one or two youtube channels I'll look at (Danny Maude is a current favourite) but yes, I would rather have a one to one lesson and get the professional to see exactly what I am doing wrong and give me a simple fix to sort it rather than spend too long going down the wrong avenue and potentially adding more faults.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Use the YT guys for (general) ideas, but for training specific to YOUR swing/requirements, nothing beats a compatible coach. Finding that compatibility can be quite difficult though. I think I've been quite lucky in that respect. It's only my personal failings that are holding me back these days!
Did you mean personality :ROFLMAO:, sorry Foxy, I couldn't resist :p

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Did you mean personality :ROFLMAO:, sorry Foxy, I couldn't resist :p
Quite likely, so no need to apologise (the emoticons work!). And, in fact Golf actually reflects personality quite remarkably! In fact, there's multiple reports that a round of golf is the best way for executives (especially CEOs) to determine the true characters of those he plays with - whether it be subordinates, customers or competitors!

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been using Athletic Motion Golf+, supplemented by a few online lessons.

Easier to work at my pace and have materials to support what I'm trying to do.

Have a lot more clarity, and think I'm going in the right direction.

Had 9 holes where it all clicked, was amazing.

Injured now though ?‍♂️ (not caused by golf)