Padded thermal jackets

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think i would ever but a quilted top, people would be calling me McFly and asking why i'm wearing a life preserver;)

I have plenty of form for ripping into my mates for the "'Mcfly" look ha

Different when i want one of course..

On a side not i tried on a very "puffy" UA reactor jacket (like Liverpool Phil posted) and my 15 stone frame was transformed into 26 stone instantly. I looked like a black stay-puff marshmallow man..

D

Deleted member 15344

I have plenty of form for ripping into my mates for the "'Mcfly" look ha

Different when i want one of course..

On a side not i tried on a very "puffy" UA reactor jacket (like Liverpool Phil posted) and my 15 stone frame was transformed into 26 stone instantly. I looked like a black stay-puff marshmallow man..

Yea the jacket does have that effect :D

Good choice on the GG though - nice tops and work well with the layer system , if you do need another top the Pro Quip one is another that I have - the one with the “puffy” body but thin arms , they work very well

S17er

Club Champion
Visit site
I'd rather have a variety of layers I can combine depending on conditions all year round than an insulated jacket you can only wear for 2 months or so.

My current layering system is:

UA base layer
GG insula
Uniqlo ultralight down vest
Jacket depending on level of cold/wind/rain.

Haven't been cold once yet!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd rather have a variety of layers I can combine depending on conditions all year round than an insulated jacket you can only wear for 2 months or so.

My current layering system is:

UA base layer
GG insula
Uniqlo ultralight down vest
Jacket depending on level of cold/wind/rain.

Haven't been cold once yet!

Layering up definitely works best for me. Still tempted by the merino base layer though as an alternative. Might wait until the spring and see if I can a bargain

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was fortunate enough to win an Adidas ClimaHeat Primaloft jacket in the GM Advent calendar competition last December.

The body is quilted but the sleeves are not and therefore it feels like a lightweight jacket that does not impede my swing. I have worn it several times when playing since getting it, it does a fantastic job at keeping me warm. In fact, if the temperature gets above 4/5C it is too warm and I resort to a gillet that I got at the British Masters when it was at The Grove.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just finished playing formby in a brisk wind. Not the warmest of days.

Wore a polo shirt and the GG insula. Was lovely and warm the whole way round. Top kit. Impressed.

Easy to move in as well.

And 35 points so v happy.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Layering up definitely works best for me. Still tempted by the merino base layer though as an alternative. Might wait until the spring and see if I can a bargain

Wore my merino base layer last weekend for the first time ,bit disappointed so gave them to my wife, much prefer my under armour base layers.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
https://www.ogb.co.uk/nike-aeroloft...=99b034badcb3f488a0f38d59350ced9a&fo_s=gplauk

This is lovely.
As for the site, I've never heard of them so I'm not endorsing that as I just Googled the jacket.

I am endorsing the jacket though, it's lovely

The jacket is available direct from Nike for the same price as that link (it is in their sale) + 25% off all sale items at the moment (code = 25off)
https://www.nike.com/gb/t/aeroloft-hyperadapt-golf-jacket-JzPvVq

Free postage and returns, so minimal risk I’d say if bought from there :thup:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
see also

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women/nike-golf-aeroloft-combo-golf-jacket/d796663.pd?ef_id=WcI6MAAAAgdA8BN_:20180124114227:s#268573124&_$ja=tsid:96381|cid:955787037|agid:51124975567|tid:pla-371661494609|crid:226791712529|nw:g|rnd:5614169707754668948|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site