Padded thermal jackets

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This seems to be a trend this winter and a lot of makes are doing them. Tried on a Ping and UA and they seem a decent cut and plenty of room to swing but the price tags seem hefty so I'm preferring to layer up. I think these jackets are here to stay and as a result hopefully the prices will start to come down

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I like uniqlo gear

Always on the lookout for non-golf brands gear for golf. Usually a lot cheaper for same quality.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Went for the North Face Gilet. Cheaper than getting a golf branded one and, in the main, better quality.

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Prefer layers over something so bulky for playing in.

I always had thoughts that all padded jackets would feel bulky to play in till i tried this on which felt ok and then played in it and its not bulky at all and along with sleeves not being padded its great to play in and best bit of clothing ive bought in a while.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like uniqlo gear

Always on the lookout for non-golf brands gear for golf. Usually a lot cheaper for same quality.
I have the Ultra Light Down jacket from Uniqlo. Wear it casually all the time and I wouldn't think about wearing it to play golf.

It's super warm and light, but doesn't stretch in the places I'd want it to when I swing a club.

I have a UA jacket and the Nike Aeroloft jacket and I'd say you're better off sticking to one designed for golf, as it's design has been thought about when you swing a club in it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I have an Under Armour one, and it's excellent. It's slightly diffferent to the one Phil Linked, in that it has elasticated panels under the arms and is about £30 cheaper. Designed for golf and toasty warm. Been wearing since before Christmas with no problems playing or practicing at the range in it.

I also have an older Stubert Vapour Jacket last years model which is also good, lovely and warm but not quite as flexible in the panels, albeit much much cheaper.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
have you thought about one of those lines jumpers?

i got a Dunlop one from sports direct it was £10... its toasty. all warmth gets locked it so you can sweat once it warms up (like wearing a bin liner) cheap, and warm.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
True to form i bought myself a lovely and very warm jacket...

well that is not quite true

I spotted one of these in at my local driving range for a cheeky £55. Thought that it would be a good investment and have more uses that just Golf on a dry cold day.

https://capitalgolf.com/products/ir...alf-zip-pullover-ss17-1?variant=1848317673485

Wore it hitting balls in a freezing wind and it was lovely and toasty. Will do me for walking the dog too, so a little more versatile.

Apologies if i have sown the seed of others wanting to buy a padded jacket...

:D