Over-rated Bands / Musicians

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was listening to the radio this morning and a couple of songs got me thinking about bands / artists that I just don't understand the fascination / hype.

For me, i dont get the hype around the Foo Fighters (awful noise) or Radiohead (permanently miserable). Also anything by Oasis after What's the Story Morning Glory just seemed pretentious guff.

What other bands /artists do you not get the hype / fascination with? (I may well add others as I think of them!)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Beatles.
Never did rate 'em.
If I had paid out good money to go and enjoy some rock and roll and they wheeled those four out I'd have asked for my money back.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just so we can calibrate your critique, who do you like?
I don't see why it needs calibrating, I assume you don't agree with them.
So, for what it's worth..
Hundreds of other bands..
Rush
Fleetwood Mac
Def Leppard
ZZ Top
Black Country Communion
Greta Van Fleet
Clutch......I could go on all night

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Paul McCartney.
How that man has earnt his millions from the mediocre crap he pumped out I'll never know.
Amazing start, and then the hype was soo big, nothing good was needed ever again. 6 or 8 great songs, which already is a lot, and hundreds of bad ones. The good thing is they are usually only a couple of minutes long.

These days half of his concert seems to be Hey Jude.
When he finished the opening ceremony in 2012 with it I was worried he was still there at the 1st athletics session where I had tickets to.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pet shop boys.
Kyle Monogue.
Lulu.

Can't leave without standing up for the Beatles. You have to look at them in context of the time they emerged, they were a breath of fresh air in the early 1960's, the emerging Mersey Beat era brought out a revolution in pop music, I think you had to live it to understand how it broke out of the era of Ballads and late Rock and Roll, what a fabulous time to be a teenager. Absolutely fab ?