Over-rated Bands / Musicians

D

Deleted member 1418

This isn't about who has worked hard, who deserves success or how does anyone on here compare. It's simply do people find them over rated.

Well 100s of thousands, nay millions, of young folk, and possibly and few older ones too, find them most agreeable, so far exceeding a few people on a golf forum.

Personally I'm ? Jessie overcomes her personal demons and rejoins the band.

D

Deleted member 1418

I have a theory on this.

Utmost respect (doesn't mean I like them, or their music), to any one who writes and performs their own music, and play their own instruments.

Less so for groups of people who jig about, and sing someone else's stuff,

Middle ground, jiggers who sing their own stuff.

If you are performing someone else's music, you might as well be a performing monkey.

Liar liar pants on fire.

You played Milli Vanilli greatest hits on the way up to Woodhall Spa!

3hrs - on a loop.

D

Deleted member 1147

Well 100s of thousands, nay millions, of young folk, and possibly and few older ones too, find them most agreeable, so far exceeding a few people on a golf forum.

Personally I'm ? Jessie overcomes her personal demons and rejoins the band.
Young women, willing to tramp around in skimpy outfits...can they ever be overrated?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't see why it needs calibrating, I assume you don't agree with them.
So, for what it's worth..
Hundreds of other bands..
Rush
Fleetwood Mac
Def Leppard
ZZ Top
Black Country Communion
Greta Van Fleet
Clutch......I could go on all night

Well, if your favourite bands were Brotherhood Of Man, Steps and Black Lace, then we would have to judge your dislikes accordingly.

Of the ones you dislike, I like Radiohead, who have reinvented their sound a few times, and early U2, up to about The Unforgettable Fire.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any singer who can't actually hold a tune. It's their job, and it's amazing how bad some of the famous ones are. On the record, they are dickered with, and sound ok, but live? Flat, and a mile away from in tune.
Sporty Spice, top of the list.
Bruce Dickinson, Gary Lightbody, to name another couple.
Mark Knoplfer never even bothered trying singing.